Pool 10 Big and Lil Missouri

• Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I went out yesterday afternoon to fish the two Missouri’s .

The up side !! I caught lots and lots of fish !! The down side ,,,none of them reached the 8″ mark..

I had plenty of fish in the 6″ range, as a matter of fact they all averaged in the 6-6.5″ range, with a hand full of smaller and just a few over..

This is a great place to bring the kids right now with all the action…I could catch 6-10 fish out of almost every hole…

I was using purple moon gliters,orange rockers,it didn’t really matter. I saw a lot of people catching fish with a wide varity of jigs, so take the kids fishing.

And if they like to ice skate, bring the skates because the ice is perfect for skating..And remember to gring your ice cleats !!

good luck !!

superdave
    NE IA

I was up there monday morning to, wheres all the big fish this year? I’ve been able to take a few real nice bluegills, but nothing like last year. I was up at new albin on tuesday, and got to talk to the fishereis biologist out of guttenberg. They were checking the oxygen content, because some dead fish started showing up. Luckily, they were all just shad, and the O2 levels were ok! But I’ve noticed that a lot of my spots that have been super good previously early in the winter have been slow. The biologist thought that it was due to the low flow and lack of current, so the fish dont have to be tucked way back in out of the current. He made it sound as the winter got later and colder, the fish will eventually have to come back up in there, which hopefully means the bigger fish will show up. Anyway, enough rambling, just wondering if anyone else noticed this?
    Dave

birdman
    Lancaster, WI

Just about everybody I’ve talked to has the same story. There seems to be alot of fish but it’s hard to find alot of fish over 8 inches this year. Hopefully the biologist is right and the bigger ones havn’t reached the backwaters in big numbers yet.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.