New Albin fishing report

• NOEL CANTU
    NE IOWA

Hello all,
    Fished New Albin for the first time ever
    Arrived about 11 am, fished til 4:30 pm…
    Fished a spot directly across from the landing – don’t know the name,sorry!
    Tip-ups saw no action…
    Bluegills ran small and were few and far between…
    6 Bass “Rod benders” but still short of the 14″
    13 Crappies – All solid keepers with 2 jumbos @ 13″
    All in All, it was just a great day to be on the ice!!!

herb
    6ft under

The Cordwood.

joeyno5
    Rochester MN.

Were you at the landing east of new albin or one of the landings north of new albin. The reason I ask is I was wondering if it is safe to cross the channel or if you needed a small boat. I grew up in Eitzen on top of the hill, make sure to take your lunch break at the high chap it is excellent and then stop at the locker they have the best stuff around. Tight lines #5

NOEL CANTU
    NE IOWA

WE WERE EAST. THERE WAS AT LEAST 6″ IN THE CHANNEL AND ABOUT 8″ IN CORDWOOD. THERE WERE 4 WHEELERS AND ICE SCRATCHERS GOING UP AND DOWN THE CHANNEL. PLENTY OF ICE…
    AGAIN, SLOW FISHING BUT QUALITY FISH…
    TIGHT LINES.

herb
    6ft under

Did you happen to see anyone heading over to the Artesian?

BassBull1
    Prairie du Chien,WI

Thought maybe I could throw my 2 cents worth in and help you! I’ve been fishing the areas you are talking about real hard now for two weeks.The ice today was getting real slippery and is still about 6 to 8 inchs of good ice over to cordwood.There has been a lot of people walking down to the artesion area(Duck Lake)but come back with a small fish report. Same with Bear Claw.Today was slow in Cordwood but nice size fish were there to be caught.You should have no trouble getting a few fish for the table.Tried the south end of Hay Shore also but with no luck but getting there was no problem.Have been fishing up in Indian also with a few good gills and a few crappies to show for the effort.But it is a bit of a walk for me to get there.I hope this helps.Be careful tho because it is thawing out there.Min. Slough can change quick.Well I hope this helps.Steve

herb
    6ft under

Thanks Steve, I really didn’t think Hayshore would have enough water this year.

eyenutz
    muscoda,wi.

after all the rain saturday night how are the ice conditions going accross the main channel to cordwood?is it still safe? eyenutz!

birdman
    Lancaster, WI

eyenutz, I don’t fish that area but I do know that we lost alot of ice down here on Pool 10. I had to cross a small cut to get to Haville Lake down by Bagley and coming back around 2:30 this afternoon I had a heck of a time finding ice thick enough to cross. Hopefully the other fisheman still on the ice didn’t take the plunge. If you go be very careful. If it wasn’t for my spud finding the weak spots today I think I might have got wet.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.