Thorne Bro. rods.

• ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Does anyone own a Thorne Bro. rod? What do you think of it?I sent them a e-mail about a week ago and never got a thing back from them The prices on them are about 2X as much as a Genz series rod from Berkley.I own 2 Genz rods and I really like them for ice fishing.I could buy 2 more for the price of 1 Thorne Bro. rod.So lets here what you guys think of them please.
    Ryan Hale

rippinpigs
    Apple Valley, MN

O own 3 as of this moment… and will be getting more. Hands down the best ice rods out there. Sensitivity is perfect, they handle like a dream. I love those things. They are worth the extra $$$$ in my opinion.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Ryan, I haven’t been in there for years…but about 15 years ago, when they first came out with the tip of a flyrod blank for ice fishing, I bought one. Being an avid flyfisherperson at the time, I thought it was a great idea. I’m not sure if this is the ice rods that you are talking about.

Mine works the best for pan fish…very sensitive. However I iced a three foot sturgon a couple weeks ago with it. The handle of the rod was horizotal with the ice, but the tip was pointing 90 degress down the hole.
    I have other ice rods, but since haveing this rod, I wouldn’t be without it…My favorite rod!

I think I paid $35. for it…at least 10 years ago. Five thumbs up!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Ps…Things could have changed over the years, but they weren’t very customer friendly when I frequented there! But in there defense, it’s Christmas time and they maybe slow in their email response.

Brian

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

I have 8 of them and I can say they are the best ice rods I have used. They hand craft each one right at their store unlike the Chinese made Berkley series. Each rod has the best components available and the key is the sensitive blanks that are used. They make a model for just about every situation. Try one and you will buy more.

cbeeksma
    Delta, WI

I just keep buying them and buying them. They are phenomenal rods and I have always received excellent customer service.

IceJohn

Ryan,I now have 4 they great rods,I also use berkley.Use berkley the most so far.Just got to find the right reels for the Thorne rods.ICE JOHN FISH ON

Bob Carlson
    Mille Lacs Lake (eastside), Mn.

I just built a 26″ ice fishing rod for a Christmas gift that was purchased at Thorne Bros. It turned out great and was really a great gift to my brother-in-law!

They have some nice blanks……
    totals costs for blank, 3 eyes, and cork handle was $20 total……

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Thanks for all the help guys.I think I would like to try one before I buy one.
    Ryan Hale

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.