Lawrence Lake

• blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

After a botched attempted to get to Red Wing Sunday, I decided a fishing adventure in my own backyard was more realistic.

After stocking up on waxies and a few more ice jigs, I decided to test the upper end of Lawrence Lake. The ice up there is relatively safe(6 inches) except where the pressure ridge is. You can cross it, but just be safe about it.

I started hole-hopping with out much success, constantly working my way toward the north-east side of the lake. After a few stops, I found a couple of holes willing to produce some steady action. Most of my fish were caught throughout the water column on a moon glitter ice jig worked very slowly. Spring bobbers were the key as the fish, especially the larger ones barely moved your line. I switched to spring bobbers about 4 years ago and never looked back. They can and do increase your fish catching ability.

In about 2 hours, I caught roughly 30 fish, keeping only 10(limit). My largest was 8.5″ and the smallest was 7.5″. Not too bad for the first time out this year on the hard water. I’ll be back! You can count on that.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.