Anybody fished Lawrence Lake marina yet?

• Wadsworth

Has anybody been out in the marina at lawrence lake yet? I would guess that after tonight there should be a few inches of ice out there, any other backwater spots good and solid around Lacrosse or winona? I was out at Minnesota City Boat Harbor Monday, ice was thin, but we caught some decent bluegills.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Lake Onalaska should be good to go by Sat. I fished it last weekend and had 3-4 inches. Yesterday, there was 3 inches of slush on top of the ice. With these cold temps it will surely be froze by now. I am going to try and check it out tomorrow and fish there all weekend. The past weekend gills and perch were biting fairly well, but not a lot of size to them yet. That will change soon I too am interested in hearing about Lawrence Lake. I have fished there one time 4-5 years ago. Frostbit both feet and have not been back since.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

I drove down there last night around 4pm. I didn’t see any body fishing yet.(I was quite surprised) With these cold temps you should be able to walk on most of the ice down there by tomorrow.

AmWatson, where were you fishing, out by the Sailboat Club, or over by Fisherman’s Road?

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

BF- I was fishing straight out from Schaefer’s Boat Livery. I have never been to the Sailboat area, not really sure how to get there. I am going to try and get over to Fisherman’s Road this weekend. It all depends on whether Black Deer or the area over by Schaefer’s turns out. I hope it is good and solid with these cold temps.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.