Wabasha Ice fishing and conditions

• joeyno5
    Rochester MN.

Hey guys had a great day in wabasha today. I fished pontoon slough, marina, and West Newton. I did notice 3 brave souls back at the highlines this morning, I believe I saw open water back ther on saturday. For the marina and pontoon some ice was made last night about 2.5 inches of good ice in both places as for Newton there was a lot of open water but was some fishable ice. I was out there and I will say you will crack some ice and you will be a little on edge, to be sucessful drill all your holes and dont move for at least 1/2 hour to let things settle, BE CAREFUL. Buzz sticks work great for the gills but seem to have no effect to the slabs, they need to be finesse jigged. I will try to get some pictures on if I can fure this out. Tight lines #5

glasspa
    lake city, mn

Soi what is your opinion of these Buzz Sticks? Do they work or are they one of these items that I have to have and then find out it sucks and put it with all the other junk that us fishing suckermen just have to have?

hof
    Rochester, MN

Hey Joe,

Thanks for the report! It won’t be much longer and all the usual early ice spots should be ready to go with cooperating fish!

Good Fishing,
    Mike

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

Quote:

I was out there and I will say you will crack some ice and you will be a little on edge, to be sucessful drill all your holes and dont move for at least 1/2 hour to let things settle, BE CAREFUL

you guys are too crazy . i went scoutin today and found some awfully shaddy ice in most places. found one guy out fishin. talked to him and said he watched 2 guys take a swim yesterday in that spot (the spot he was out on) . granted, he was only 10 yds off shore, but still….he was all alone and he watched people go through the day before ? not sure what’s goin through his mind. fish must really have been bitin

joeyno5
    Rochester MN.

Buzz sticks are too new to say if they are good or not. I will say that today they definetely attracted fish. It lures them in then it is up to you to MAKE them bite. Crappies doen’t seem to have interest. The bad thing about them is that When you rig them with a spring bobber they loose Direct contact with the tip= where you get your vibes from. Also I noticed when you got your jig deeper the vibration was not very good, It will be interesting to see this with a aqua view in 15+FT AND also how the fish react to it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.