Head count for the 2nd GTG

• Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Herb says he’ll be there early and use if power auger and drill a ton of holes + it will be there if you would like him to drill you that special hole…so augers are optional..

we will be fishing in anywheres from 18 inches to 3 feet of water for gills crappie and perch…there are a ton of bass in the area and some northerns…I see an occasional flag when i’m out there but really don’t remember it to be flag heaven….

so you make the call !!

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I personally don’t have any hand held radios….but i think someone mentioned bringing some…

that might help in a lot of ways…

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

The ice is still plenty thick for the 4 wheelers….

but….

DO NOT DRIVE YOUE VEHICLES ON THE ICE !!!!

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

I’ll bring mine, but I think my dad still has his , so I only have 1. How about say Channel 9 for anyone who may bring one? Or, Channel 9-0 for those whose radio can do the sub-channels?

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

I won’t be able to make it guys. Have fun and be safe everyone. Remember, don’t do anything I wouldn’t do.

Gator Hunter

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

Weather is looking a little better down here – they’re saying that this weeks warmer temps have thawed the ground enough to keep this from freezing too badly most places.

PDC is another story though. Looks like it will begin to freeze on a line roughly following hwy 20, which gives me a solid hour or more of frozen roads. If it looks bad, I may not make it up there until later in the morning or not at all. When I get there I’ll try to remember a radio and raise someone on channel 9.

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

Can someone post a road report for PDC in the morning? Right now it looks like I’ll be staying home:

Quote:

Occasional freezing rain and sleet. Ice accumulation up to a quarter inch. Lows in the upper 20s. Southeast winds 10 to 20 mph. Chance of precipitation 100 percent.

Quote:

Travel on US highway 18 is not recommended

Crap. The rain probably means the ice won’t even be safe around home here. Unless someone in the morning says it’s safe, have fun without me.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

wee just got back from a little road trip !!

If we can make it ..so can you !!

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Hey gang:

Right now you are all in your hotel rooms and sleeping!!! YEAH RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have a great time and give mwchief a hard time about them Chiefs!!! Great fishing, brat eating, beverage drinking and remember the most important thing is to be safe!!!

Mark

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

I just got home…….slid into the ditch twice….while in 4 wheel drive…..

BE CAREFULL!!! I saw several accidents on the way home and the roads are glare ice!!! I couldn’t even park my truck in the driveway cause It slid down the driveway..BE carefull in the morning!! Take your time…..I’ve lived here in WI a long time and don’t remember the roads ever being like this….See you guys in the morning to whoever makes it down.

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

Quote:

Freezing rain… sleet and freezing drizzle will continue to effect the area through the early morning hours. Additional ice accumulations of around one to two tenths of an inch will be possible. Area roads are ice covered already… with further ice accumulations exasperating the hazardous travel conditions. Motorists should exercise extreme caution… or avoid travel altogether… early this morning.

How ’bout we say I’ll be late, maybe as late as noon, but I’ll try to get going around 9 or so. By then the salt and sand trucks should’ve been out and hosed 13 and 18 down good. I don’t think it got as cold as they were saying, weather is reporting 32 in PDC right now, so with a little luck and a few prayers the roads should be safe by that time.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I got 34 degrees at my place right now. The side walk is all ice…I havent been on the hwy yet…I’ll hit the road hear in about 30 minutes….

Be Safe !!!!

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Quote:

I have to admit, thinning the herd of a few gators would make my day.

Hey now!!! What did I do to you????? LOL

Gator Hunter

Viewing 13 posts - 121 through 133 (of 133 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.