Head count for the 2nd GTG

• Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Hey Dave, The Flu is going around..be carefull so you don’t catch it…because if you do you may have to come to PdC for recovery

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

The Birdman will be showing up Saturday afternoon so if any of you want one of his Pulsator Rods he’ll have some with him…

See you all there !!

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

I’ll be bringing 2 tubs of waxies and a tub of spikes for everyone to use. No need to worry of a place to find bait. Just find me! Best part is, it’s free! There will be PLENTY to go around.

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

Has anyone been keeping track of the head count in this thread and have any kind of estimate to the number of people coming?

Do we need more food? Burgers or anything?

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Good point MB…..I have about 30 packages of venison Brats for backup if you need them Dave. That should feed everyone for the entire weekend.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I’m thinking from around 30 – 50 people….We have 72 brats and buns as of right now…That should do it…No need to have a ton of left overs…If someone has something special that they would like to put on the grill, by all means bring it along…but as far as any large qty of food needed…I don’t think we will need it…

thanks to everyone for helping to make this such a great turn out..

as of today Saturdays Weather Forcast is 35 deg and a light wintery mix…

Should be a great day to be on the ice with friends

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

Hmmmm, 72 brats for 50 people? That’s 1 brat per person for 49 people, taking away the 23 Blue Fleck already has dibs on!!!!!

I will bring some venison jerky along and that is it, no mess, no condiments, no buns needed!

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

mmm…………brats……….

mmmmm…………….beer…………..

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I just got off the phone with the place that make the In-Depthangling.com decals and I’ve ordered 30 more…all with white letters…

So if anyone is looking for them I’ll have them at the GTG !!!

tony_apisa
    E. Moline Illinois along the Rock River

I could use some more decals. I won’t be able to make the GTG . I am working at the Boat Show in Davenport Ia. saturday and fishing on sunday . If you have any left at the end of the weekend let me know. I hope you guys have a great time.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

The Brat gods have blessed us !!!

The count just went from 72 to a wopping 144 !!

See Dustin Stewart has an excellent relationship with Schweigert foods and because of these to we will be in brat heaven

Thanks Dustin and Schweigert foods

Steve Hix
    Dysart, Iowa

All bow to Dustin, The Brat King

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Dustin prefers “brat fairy” thank you.

emover
    Malcom, IA

It sure does. I’ve been a lurker too long, finally decided to register as it apears I can get away for some ice fishing this weekend. Sure would like to come to PDC to meet some of the folks whose posts I’ve read for over a year. This site has great info. Is there anything I could bring to contribute to what sounds like a great GTG. You were asking about containers for waxies, I have several small plastic containers that were meant for enzyme solution soaking contacts, 1″ high a little over an inch round, if that would help. Or anything else?

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Hey emover !!

Most important thing to bring !!!!

YOU !!!

I look forward to seeing you there !!

gillsandspecks
    Hiawatha, Iowa

The Hungry house last Sat Morning opened up at 6:00. ecnook, are there any other places that serve breakfast around six in the morning at PDC?

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

The truck stop called Shelly’s Diner on Marquette Rd.

Coaches on Marquette Rd.

But the Hungry House sounds good !!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Couple quick questions before dinner…

With a WI non res license how many rods can you fish with?
    What’s the best way to get there from Hudson WI? I have Dave’s map to the hot spot.
    Do I need to drag along the ice auger? If there’s a shortage I’ll happily bring it..otherwise it’s just taking up beer space (Gator taught me this )
    Think that auger do it!

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

If anyone wants a ride from the CR area, It looks like I’m heading up alone on Saturday morning, returning Saturday night and getting home around 7 or 8. I do need to stop quickly about 10 minutes out of the way on the ride home and run a quick errand.

I’ll probably plan on pulling out of my drive around 5:00 or 5:30 on Saturday morning, so PM me before tomorrow afternoon (let’s say 4:00) if you’re interested in riding along.

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

I should’ve also mentioned that if anyone in Manchester, Strawberry, Elkader, etc along 13 wants to jump in with me, I’ll be heading through your town too!

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Quote:

Do I need to drag along the ice auger? If there’s a shortage I’ll happily bring it..otherwise it’s just taking up beer space (Gator taught me this )

Ahh, you have learned well grasshopper!!

Gator Hunter

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Breakfast …6 am at the Hungry House !!

see you there !!

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

Quote:

Occasional freezing rain and sleet…changing to all snow late. Ice accumulation of 0.10 to 0.20 inches. Snow accumulation less than 1 inch. Lows in the mid 20s. East winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation 80 percent.

This is NOT the sort of help I was looking for; Well, if I leave at 5, I should be crashing into the bluff @ McGregor right around 8 if I drive carefully.

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

Just called MLB, your maggots are in!

Heading over after work to pick them up.

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

Dave:

Did you say something about handheld radios once? I have my Talkabout in the truck, any idea what channel you will be using?

mwchiefs
    Red Wing, MN

Good question on the auger. Should we bring one, or even two? Also, what are we fishing for? Sunnies mostly, I assume, but should we pack tip-ups for northerns, too? Or is that not a very likely occurence?

Mark

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Is the ice still not thick enough to drive on?

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

I’ve got 9 tip ups and a dozen shiners that I will be bringing. Most of the fishing will probably be for the panfish variety. I have to admit, thinning the herd of a few gators would make my day!!

If you have an auger bring it. We can have speed drilling contests.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Quote:

Is the ice still not thick enough to drive on?

Walking is good exercise.! Besides, there will be plenty of 4-wheelers, a 3-wheeler and a picker boat for transportation. Unless Herb didn’t bring the 3-wheeler & picker boat.

Viewing 30 posts - 91 through 120 (of 133 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.