Hey James, Did you get any more Angel Eyes in?

• IceNut
    Mankato

those spoons are great! I catch all my crappies and walleyes on them. do you sell them on this website? they are hard to find down here.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

LOL A guy would ALMOST think there was fishable ice out there somewhere!

OK. For clarification….

I’m the stiff that sorta-kinda keeps this website alive and kicking. I honestly have very little to do with the tackle end of things. Mike “mudlnthru” Little runs B FISH N Tackle. I do get to listen to him carry on a bit when he runs out of this n’ that from time to time. And of course I manage the BFT website since Mike doesn’t know a secure socket layer from his elbow…. lol

From what I know BFT has all the Scenic spoons on hand and in stock… and they’ve been a hot item.

You guys keep talking all this ice stuff and I might re-aquaint my backside with a bucket and one of those short little fishing poles.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Icenut

I used to fish the narrows on Madison for the craps and eyes at early ice when I used to live in Austin. Mostly a hit or miss bite but it could be real good once in awhile. Any news on the ice conditions or is it still a bit hairy for travel on the lake?

Of all the lakes in the ‘kato area I always prefered Madison for the chance at a decent eye or two but if crappies were the target, we’d head back to the east a bit and Mazaska was my “go to” body of water. We caught a TON of nice slabs out of that lake suspended 14′ – 16’ down over the deep water off the public access. A good flasher was a must-have and we did most of our catching in the first 2 – 3 hours after dark. The fish averaged a nice size and the traffic was light on the lake that time of the day.

Good memories!

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Some of the biggest crappies I have ever caught came out of Mazaska in open water trolling a #5 blue and white shadling crankbait in front of the public landing that is just off the highway. We were trolling over deep water and the fish were suspended. Taking that info and with what James just said I would say that in both summer and winter you have a nice hot spot there. Sounds like a place to visit for some fish catchin fun to me. You know James, ice fishin is something you should get back into too. Them crappies can be fun just like those big eyes you like to catch on the river. I’m updating all my ice fishing stuff and am getting back to the ice. A guy has to have something to do in the winter too besides just sitting here giving you a hard time. 2004 = more time on the water for this guy. Hard or soft water-gotta do it. Thanks, Bill

ps. I also have gotten my hands on the Glo Devils from BFT and they sure look good. Here fishy fishy.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Madison has some big crappies but I always did better on the numbers on Mazaska. Some smaller eater sized walleyes too when luck would shine. All at night. Not that Mazaska wasn’t worth fishing during the day… we could really whomp on some nice gillies right on the edge of the weed lines and the 2 – 4 Lb pike were in there thick too.

I do plan on doing some more ice fishing this year. We’ve got the Ice Get Together on January 17… I’ll be there for sure and I hope to get to Mille Lacs here pretty soon but winter time is “build the web site” time.

NorthernHunter

Where on the lake were you picking up the northerns??
    Rob

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.