Pond fishing first…

• benjisdad
    Newton, Iowa

Hey gang!!!.. Just thought I would continue the trend of my ice fishing firsts for the year. If you’ve been reading some of my posts you’ll remember that this is my first year fishing the hard water… Let me tell you all…I Love It!!… My wife wonders why I get so excited about pulling these blue gills and crappies out of the ice, cuz I complain about them when I’m fishing open water… .. I’ll have to get her out there for a good few hours when the bite is on..

Okay I digress… Yesterday was another first, first time on a pond..lots of fun.. I have a friend that owns this little peace of heaven and well…had a blast yesterday for about three hours. My stepson and I landed easily 30-40 or more blue gills…5 bass.. none with any size, but they were bass.. and I did bring up the biggest gill for me so far..at least through the ice.. I’m going to hit that pond again next Monday…Shhhhh…don’ tell the wife..

Here’s a couple pics for ya…my big gill and my stepson with the “biggest” bass of the day..

The biggest so far!!

I know there are some 5lb’ers in here..

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

Quote:

I’m going to hit that pond again next Monday…Shhhhh…don’t tell the wife..

Tight lines to yah!

witt
    Iowa City, IA

Nice job! Ponds are always fun. How thick was the ice? I live in Iowa City and am hoping there are a few more trips left in the year, I fish mainly within 20 miles of IC.

690reece
    Hutchinson,Minnesota

Congrats and there is something hynotizing about staring at an ICE hole !

Good Luck!
    690reece

mrcrappie
    mn Dodge co.

Congrats! Ponds are always fun to fish, Looks like a good time.

benjisdad
    Newton, Iowa

Quote:

Nice fish Ben!

Thanks Luke!!..I’m having a blast on the ice!. ..

For those that are interested, I wrote an article about my first season on the ice. I had submitted for print, but was a bit late, so thought I’d just offer it up for you all to read…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.