frabill panfish popper?

• jwall

Have any of you guys used the panfish popper or am i better of just getting the three pack of springs for my berkley XLE ultralight combo

bosman
    DeSoto, WI

I have a 24″ Frabill popper rod given to me as a x-mas gift. Don’t care for it. Not enough backbone for my liking. Love the spring bobbers though. Have a couple 30″ medium light rods with the popper set up. Works great for jigging cecils in 10+ feet of water.

PlayNHooky
    Sussex WI

I use the panfish popper and i love it wont buy anything else!!!!

deerwoody
    Deerwood,MN.

Love mine except the spring bobber freezes up outside the house.

dan-tessmann
    Kieler, Wis

I think you would be happy with the st. croix spring and adapter. I believe they come in 4 sizes. The best attribute of the springs is you can adjust the tension or bounce of the spring by moving it back or foward in the adapter. just another option for you, dan

Whiskerkev
    Madison

I have a light and an ULight and they are great rods. I don’t use the spring bobber at all for those. Mostly deep water fishing with them. You can feel a perch bite in 75 feet of water with one.

jwall

Thanks for responding guys I might have to buy one……

Zugunruhe

Not a bad rod, but I am not a fan of the spring bobber. It doesn’t feed line fast enough and is prone to getting line looped and caught in the spring itself. I have a 24″ UL, be very careful with the tips or you’ll end up with a 22″ L!?!

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Thorne Bros. make a nice coil spring that is a world better than a frbil. If you are going to spen money, have an inverted guide fitted with a grommet put on a rod you have and use a St.Croix spring….never an icing issue as with ALL coil springs when its cold, cold and you are fishing open ice.

nwbuck
    Hartley, IA

Nice little rod for the money…I have 2, but had to doctor 1 up when the tip broke. I prefer a different spring bobber though, because the spring type on the popper freezes up too easily.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.