best ice lines?

• jwall

I like the micro ice from fireline but i also like the trilene micro ice
    Just seeing what your opinions are

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

P-line for Walleyes/Perch 4# and Courtland for panfish/crappies 2#.

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

I am a big pline fan! I have tried everything else and I keep going back to pline

bosman
    DeSoto, WI

2 or 4 lb Vanish is spooled on all my ice rods. Very happy with it.

WeFish
    Fort Atkinson, WI USA

For Ice Fishing I Use 3#
    Walleye Jigging 6#

WeFish

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

Pline is great stuff! I did try out a spool of two lb. Cortland in HI-VIS orange. Great for aging eyes while fishing low light and tying knots. Very supple with good knot strength

dan-tessmann
    Kieler, Wis

I have to agree that p-line is a very good ice line. This year I tried the Asso brand of line and I’m very happy. The asso line is fairly expensive but well worth it. I tried the ice heavy in 3 lb brown in color and the 4 lb yellow. The line is flouro so it is really strong and yet invisible underwater. It also has a really small diameter but very easy to see. I will definitely be using the asso series next year.

iansdad123
    waterloo,ia

i use alot of vanish and have used mico fireline but tried the new powerpro ice braid on a few rods and liked it better than the fireline,i do uses fluorocarbon leads with all of my ice braid set ups.tried the seagar(i beleive thats the spelling) from cabelas and no break offs on it this year.

rodman1
    Monee, IL

Don`t know about ice fishing but have used power pro ice line for open water fishing with temps down to 0 the last 2 winters with very good results ( 14 # test, 3# diametrer ).
    Only negative effect as far as I am concerned the blue color
    is a bear for line watching. Hardly any ice buildup pitching
    and fly line dressing took care of that.
    Tom Cooney

jwall

thanks for responding guys
    Sounds like I sould try vanish and p-line

benjisdad
    Newton, Iowa

Quote:

I am a big pline fan! I have tried everything else and I keep going back to pline

I might have to switch to this line…I’ve got two new rod/reels combos and I have one that line continuously gets knotted up… And don’t ya know it’s always…and I do mean always..when the bite it on.. ….

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Blue Fleck knows what I think of Pline

Trilene XL 2# and 4# for me.

gwastlick
    Viola

Last year I tried cajun red 3# and still use it today. I also like calcutta 3# and I spooled one pole a week or so ago with trilene micro ice 3#. Truth of the matter to me is if the knot holds good and it stays straight I usually like it.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.