How about this one.

• stevedobie
    Central, MN

I have a nice Lodge House and many nice things inside of it, well I did anyways. I broke my hand a coule of weeks ago by slipping on Ice in the Driveway and could not get out fishing. While I was laid-up at home, and still am, someone broke into my house while sitting less than 20′ from my front door. They took everything, TV, Augers, All my kids poles as well as mine, tackle et…. You get the picture. They even took the Generator. The Door was locked but that never stopped them. Needless to say. Alarm System is being installed. Hope Insurance Covers everything, as everything was new and several thousand of dollars are adding up. If some one hears of who did this I will give you a reward. I live in Hutchinson….

I feel more for the kids than anyone as we can not go now.

arklite881south

Sorry to hear that SJ!! Hope you find them, and/or get your stuff back!! TERRIBLE!! Hope your hand heals up so you can get back on the ice!!

t-ellis
    Colorado Springs, CO

Sorry to hear about this but with the economy in the tank its only going to increase. Can you advise specifics describing your gear so if we come across it we will know its yours? Just a thought cause it would be great to catch’em!!

Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

Looks like the days of common decency are over. These acts are horrible. In college, I had my car broke into and had 2 of my G Loomis combos stolen. I guess I was lucky and found them in a local pawn shop about a month later. I filed a police report and I got them back, but I don’t know why these things happen. Make sure to file a police report and keep your eyes peeled at local pawn shops. Hope that everything gets handeled and good luck with everything!

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Post up a detailed list. I watch Craigslist all the time. If I see something matching up, I’ll send your way. There is a “found” tackle box out there today….

stevedobie
    Central, MN

The list is still compiling.

Big items are:

Vexlair FL20 (2)

Strike Master 4-stroke

Strike Master Electric

Marcum Underwater Camera 825c

26″ Digital LCD TV (Westinghouse?)

All Tackel were in little Plastic carriers.

18 Rods and Reels Mostly Berkley Lighting Rods and Pflueger Pres reels

Mag Lite Flashlights (2)

4400 Watt Generator (needs work)

Catch Cover Sleeves (12)

I will put more up later….

Thanks Guys

Steve

witt
    Iowa City, IA

I can’t stand thieves and vandals. Here is a story, somewhat related.
    My wife and I were living with her parents in the ‘burbs of Phoenix. One morning, I walk out to my car and see a huge dent on the rear panel. We call the police, etc.
    That afternoon, we got a call from the local police, they have actually caught the crew that did it. They had been going around the subdivision throwing river rock through car windows for s***s and giggles. Turns out, one of the cops knew the kids and had seen them out the night before, but just took them all home.
    Long story short, the parents and the kids begged us not to press charges, “money is not an option.” I told them I had no sympathy for people who don’t respect other people’s property.
    Kids went to court, our settlement checks came in the mail three months later.
    When you find them (you will) don’t be kind.

eisert

I feel your pain. I’m a contractor and got hit 3 times in a month and a half. Neighbors garage got broken into 2 weeks ago and they caught the guy. Another neighbor across the alley watched the theif and called the cops. Have faith that your theives will get caught somewhere down the line.

mnfish
    Lake Elmo MN

stevedobie
    Central, MN

DNR said they usually take the whole house from the driveway.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.