Vehicle through tthe ice

• damman
    Pepin county Wi

Buddy called me today and said a vehicle went through at Old Frontenac at the ice heave. Anyone here anything about that?????

Nick Dennison
    Rochester MN

haven’t heard anything yet…but u would think people would know to watch that ice heave seems like that thing consumes a couple vehicle’s a year!!! guess people just wont learn till its them going through huh???

packingheat
    Reads Landing Mn

That’s what the rumors I have heard, a 2008 Dodge quad cab. Sure hope someone can give more info.

damman
    Pepin county Wi

Will keep my ears open. When will they learn??? Ice heaves and vehicles just dont go together.

piperguy1979

I was out today from noon to five, we might of been one of two people that walked out. I did see the truck today. It looked like it went through about twenty feet away from thin ice signs. Right off the point where a truck went thru last weekend. When are people gonna realize that this is a river, I’ve been down there one day on 12 inches of ice and a day later in the same spot there will be 6 iches. We were on fish right away but then everyone moved in on us and they just shut down. Be careful out there.

Art

Was there last Thursday. Seen a guy run over one of the thin ice signs. He was lucky. I also walked out. Good luck and use some common sense out there.

mrwalleye
    MN

just one more reason why I will NOT drive on the river,
    If all it takes is for the flow to change just a little and the spot you drove yesterday with 12″ of ice now has 6″
    its not for me,
    I dont like swimming in 30 some deg water

jakeh
    White Bear Twp

Not what I was expecting to read after another cold weekend, but on the river would make sense. I’ll bet he won’t get that close again.

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

Looks like he left his lights on?…..that’s gonna run down his battery

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Quote:

Looks like he left his lights on?…..that’s gonna run down his battery

scottsteil
    Central MN

Thanks for the picture although I hate to see those. Someone that drives on the ice daily almost, that is always scary to see.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.