Coralville Lake/Reservior

• witt
    Iowa City, IA

I know the questions has been asked before, and I know that there are groups that fish below the spillway in the slower water through the ice. I do not have the guts to try it, for whatever reason. However, I was driving around Coralville Lake after dropping my little one off at pre-school and remembered fishing by the Marina and other backwater/arm areas of the lake as a kid in open water.
    Is there any input/information as to other spots (no need for specifics) where people have fished through the ice? By Lakeview Off Road Trails, for example?
    Just curious.

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

J- wish I could offer more help- but I haven’t fished the res yet this ice season- and when I do, I take the snowmobile on 5-10 mile runs- wish I could help you more…

witt
    Iowa City, IA

It’s hard to NOT be curious about a body of water that large. Sure, there are easily accessed bodies of water in the IC area that have lots of fish, but the potential for the Res is huge. I’m going to the USGS tomorrow and getting a topo map. If I do some investigating, I’ll be able to get some info. At the very least, I’ll go to the Marina or Lakeview and take a hike.

Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

Good luck fishing the res. It’s awfully big and the fish are quite fickle. Luke has done better than I on it, but it is a tough body of water to ice fish, or even open water fish for that matter. Good luck and if you find them, let us Iowa City guys know.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.