Easter Lake, south side of Des Moines

• jripperger83
    Knoxville, IA

Anyone having any luck on Easter Lake. Went out there on Saturday for a little change of pace. We drilled probably 5-10 holes and marked fish in every one. Dropped lines down, and threw everything at em. Not a single fish. My buddies boy was playing with the underwater cam, and had fish everywhere, but no takers. I was just wondering if this is the norm for that lake or just operator error.

eye-full
    Waterloo,Ia,USA

Sorry can’t help on the lake but welcome to the site .

dbrode
    Mingo, IA

I have never fished it. Saw that the Des Moines Winter Games is having a derby there Feb 1. What species did you see in Easter Lake?

jripperger83
    Knoxville, IA

We seen just mostly gills on the cam. My buddies boy said he thought he saw a bass as well. I looked at the DNR website and it said they put a ton of fish in it every year, due to so much fishing pressure

walleye_wisdom
    Big Sky Country Helena, MT (Adel, IA home)

Not to send you elsewhere, but this site may have a bigger following for that Lake. Like someone stated earlier, the DesMoines winter games will be hosting a fishing derby there fairly soon (may even be next weekend?). Check out http://www.iowaoutdoors.org for some more help on that lake.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.