Rear hitch for Otter fish house

• super_do
    St Michael, MN

I want to be able to pull a couple Otter fish houses in tandem behind my snowmobile. I have the rigid hitch on the front of my house and I am wondering if anybody ever rigged up a rear hitch to pull two and what did you do?

Thanks

Super Do

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

Yup, we do it all the time. A buddy (Sauger) makes these kick tow hook setups. Its basically 2 flat square pieces of stainless and one has a hook welded on one of them. Measure, attach to the tub with 4 stainless bolts/threaded nuts and away you go.

I can take a picture tonight for you when I get home.

Jami

timberdoodle
    Grand Rapids,MN

we also do this, i just take a 3/8″ stainless eye bolt with a metal plate on the inside of your sled, any hitch on the market will fit on it and it only costs about five bucks to build and you only have to drill one hole

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

I sometimes worry about the eye bolt pulling through, so I usually use a “U”-bolt, and secure with fender washers on each side and a nylon lock-nut on both sides. This is a rock-solid setup and has worked well the past few Otter’s I’ve owned.

For me, it also aids in having an additional spot in the rear of the sled to tie-off on when trailering.

Joel

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

I just got my “Sauger-Built” hitch last night. The thing is ROCK SOLID!

You can pull additional shacks, and you can use it to strap the shack down to the snowmobile trailer next to the wheeler.

I think Jami is putting a picture up tonight.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.