Ice Rod Carrying Case Suggestions

• wspence

I’m curious to see what cases people are using for their ice rods. I got a St. Croix Legend for Christmas and absolutely love it. So I ordered the carrying case from St. Croix figuring it was designed for that rod. Much to my disappointment, I could hardly fit one rod and reel in that case. I was hoping to carry my other rods as well. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

bradg

This is what I use.. Arrow Case

It is meant to be used for arrows….but guess what….it works great and holds 4 ice rods with reels!!! Pretty much crush proof unless you run it over with the truck…..
    I use one that has the foam holders instead of the plastic clips…

mskyfshntchr
    Dodge Center, MN

I picked up a smaller hard sided gun case about 10 years ago. Have been using that ever since. I can easily hold 6 rods in it- more if I cram them. Only downfall is I have to loosen the handles of the reels and fold them in- but for the 30 seconds it takes each time, it is worth safe rods and reels.

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

I’m currently using the Revolution bag by
    Stone Legacy.
    I only carry 4 setups at a time but you could fit more
    if you wanted.
    I’m pleased with it’s performance.

Jon Stevens
    Northfield, Wi

I use just your basic plastic gun case. Just remeber to fold the handles in. Holds my three poles easily and I stick my best baits right in the foam.

mrcrappie
    mn Dodge co.

Great tips guys, I also use a old hard gun case. Good fishin Doug

wspence

Thanks for the help, those are all great ideas!!!

WS

cshunt1
    Eagan, MN

looks like someone has been listening to us… look what i found at thorne bros – ice rod case

its pretty pricey tho.

DSchuh
    Golden, CO

Quote:

This is what I use.. Arrow Case

It is meant to be used for arrows….but guess what….it works great and holds 4 ice rods with reels!!! Pretty much crush proof unless you run it over with the truck…..
    I use one that has the foam holders instead of the plastic clips…

Great Idea!!! I have been looking online at a bunch of gun cases, but all are too long or too expensive. I have two or three soft sided bags, but now that I have added some St. Croixs and custom ice rods to my arsenal, I am getting leary of breaking rods in the soft cases. I’ll have to track down an arrow case like you use.

josh_hanson
    S.E. Minnesota

I also use the hard sided gun case for take-down shotguns. I picked mine up at fleet farm for less than $25 and I can fit 4 rods with reels in it.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Quote:

I’m currently using the Revolution bag by
    Stone Legacy.

Me too, best case out there

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

Otter rod box for a few reasons. Hard case, I put it in the bottom of the shack and run, don’t have to worry about rods getting busted while running across the ice, fits 6 rods easy, probably more, it fits perfectly as a table in the otter shack.

Here is another thread on the same topic from a couple of weeks ago.

storing ice rods

otter rod box

pjwatson05
    Lincoln, NE

Quote:

Otter rod box.

Here is another thread on the same topic from a couple of weeks ago.

storing ice rods

otter rod box

Yep another vote for Otter rod box, the pictures on the websites don’t do them justice.

whiskeyandwater
    ????

I got THIS For Christmas. Draweback the rod case is soft sided. But I wen tout today to get everything I need, 1 1/4″ PVC with caps, to fix that problem. Should have a picture up tomorrow.

da-z-man

Croxton bag I bought at Cabelas.

patty
    Alexandria, MN

I use the thorn brothers case. It has 4 rod sleeves but i have 10 rods in mine, so storage isnt a problem. I highly recommend it.

timberdoodle
    Grand Rapids,MN

i use a croxton as well, it is the 8 rod and reel combo,it has two extra pockets on the one side and a pocket for tip ups on the other and the end is a huge pocket that a flasher fits into so you can carry everything in one bag
    works really slick

whiskeyandwater
    ????

well the Idea worked great until a buckle on the case it’s self broke. Returned the pack, and decided to just go with the Marcum rodpack.

gfhfg
    michigan

I have the marcum ice pak you can put 4 rods in it and you sonar at the bottom and tackle box and more. I love it. BUT if your not careful your jig, lure can get caught at the bottom.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.