2nd Annual Ice Fishing GTG on Pool 10

• Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Sounds good Tom,

We will get a lot more info together the first part of January..

I’m glad your making it…But I can’t stress enough that if your out there and don’t have any gear but would like to have the time of your life on the ice with us , please show up and well get you on fish

noooo problem mon

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Yes, for anyone that wants to attend but doesn’t have the gear, don’t worry about it. I have 8 or 9 rods and countless ice jigs. Gear won’t be a problem. ANY suggestions are welcome as for what to bring.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I got you down for Black Angus Rib Eyes 24 oz.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

I’ll bring one, but I’m eating it! You can watch my poles while I eat. How ’bout that!

herb
    6ft under

MMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!
    GROCERIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    YUM

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

MMMMmmmmmmmmmm……BEER!………

ProTiller
    Chisago Lakes Area

Is there anyone interested in doing a GTG in MN?

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

Last year we met at South Center. The was a little slower than it had been. I’m all for something close to home. We’re getting so big, we’ll need 10 of theses things soon!

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Quote:

Is there anyone interested in doing a GTG in MN?

How about Mille Lacs?

Gator Hunter

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

how bout wabasha??

evileye
    Milan Il

I would go to Minn for one ,would like to make pdc but thats the same weekend as the brainerd ice tournament.

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

Looks like I’ll be able to go this year as well. I’ll ditto the comments on people borrowing stuff to fish for the day, with the possible exception of Crawford; I’ve seen him handle a rod before (*SNAP* “Awwwww dammit!”).

I don’t think I could make a second outing at Redwing unless Dave and ‘Birdman’ Brian promise to do a Grumpy Old Men reenactment. Something in the cities might work, but would be more difficult because then ProTiller and I would have to do our Grumpy Old Men routine.

PUTZ!!

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

MORON!! LOL

Gator Hunter

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I have a hard enough time just trying to be myself let alone some grumpy ol’ bass

ProTiller
    Chisago Lakes Area

Let me know the weekend of a MN GTG. I’ld be willing to head to Mille Lacs or So. Center. I’ve never fished Wabasha in the winter. But I’ld give that a try too.

wahly
    Cedar Rapids, Ia

pdc ice fishing get together sounds great, I think I’ll be back from a little vac time and would luv to go. Any of you guys from the Cedar Rapids, Iowa City area think about car pooling for a day trip or even an overnighter? If interested lets see if we can set something up!
    Wahly

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

When the date gets a little closer, I’ll put up a message to coordinate a carpool or caravan from CR up there. I don’t know who’s going with me yet, but I’m guessing at least a couple guys from work will want to head up for the day.

gillsandspecks
    Hiawatha, Iowa

I’m driving up from Marion but am planning on spending the night at the Brisbois Inn Sat night. Don’t know what kind of shape I’ll be in after a couple out on the ice I’ve got plenty of beer ??/.,mmn I mean gear to share also but am really looking forward to that hop & stop method with the long jigging rods that Ecknook was describing last year.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Birdman,

Do you still make those Pulsator Rods ?

You best bring a dozen of them up with ya…

What do you charge for them and are there different sizes ?

birdman
    Lancaster, WI

Dave, still got them and their $27.50 each. They come in 48″ and 54″ sizes. I’ll be donating one for the GTG for a prize as well as some other goodies. I’ll also bring alot of my own poles for people without ice fishing poles to use.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Thanks Brian !!

With guys like you helping out this is bound to be the best GTG we have ever had !!

i know,,,,it’s only the 2nd Annual

we are going to have a blast !!

Steve Hix
    Dysart, Iowa

Dave, you are the ultimate optimist!

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Hey all,

I’m not sure if you all seen my lattest fishing report , but it looks like we should have some great fishing for the 2nd Annual Pool 10 Ice Fishing GTG !!!

I look forward to meeting some new faces and also some long(some not to long) true friends !!

We will have a grill going on the ice and we won’t need any coolers !!! It will almost be like a beach party !! (swim suits are optional) But warm cloths are a must !!!

The ice is already very safe and will only get better as the 17th of January closes in..

I’ll start out by having the grill,coals,lighter fluid and 2 Dozen Brats for lunch…any other donations will greatly be appreciated…

Any means of transportation on the ice also will be happily accepted, the spot to fish is roughly 1.5 miles from shore and is about 30-40 minute walk..just post in here that you would be willing to provide some shuttle service and I’ll make sure you get an extra bratt or two !!

See ya on the 17th !!

dustin_stewart
    Rochester, MN

I have not iced fish since I was 12yrs old but the gal and I are planning on making to the ice fishing outing . I am gonna need some educational tips along with some equipment to get me going .

Will those fish eat ringworms and superdoos?

I could get us a deal on some brats, I have a few connections in the meat industry

This is going to be a good time had by all!

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Dusty, as far as equiptment goes there will be plenty of that !! I may even set ap a bucket that has “rods to borrow” written on it so anyone that has rods to lend put them in there and anyone that needs a rod, just help yourself…(owners, put your names on the rods)

Dustin, save several of your chew containers so i can put some bait in them…

and lets talk about the brats !!!

Is anyone looking for a clean priced right motel to stay in ? The Prairie Motel has smoking and non smoking rooms priced at $59.00 a night on the weekend..

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

I’ll line up a few tubs of waxies for the day. As for bait containers, those altoid tins work nice! I have one and it is slick. Anybody that’s coming and eats those candies, save the tins! Just be sure to wash them. Panfish don’t care much for minty waxies.

Steve Hix
    Dysart, Iowa

I like my gills to have fresh breath!!

kapnjim

I must have missed the location of the get-together….can someone tell me where it is and directions to it? Thanks!! – jim

Brian Lyons

BFD;……..How in the world would you know anything about fresh breath??

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

Big Snowplow Dude, you bringing your ‘wheeler? Do I need to throw in the innertube again?

The only thing I can picture is James and Koonce six feet in the air with Dustin at the wheel. I’d be willing to bet a hardwater landing wouldn’t be so kind to them though.

Viewing 30 posts - 61 through 90 (of 136 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.