2nd Annual Ice Fishing GTG on Pool 10

• Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Just a heads up on this special gathering… SATURDAY JANUARY 17th exact place will be determined later

Last year was a blast and this year will be even better. Look for more details as the hard water sets in and we will all meet up again for some hard water action

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Where ever you decide to fish, you can count me IN! Last year was fantastic and this looks to be ever better!

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Dave will this be on the river at PDC?
    Ryan Hale

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Will there be little pink houses for everyone who attends?

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

It will be out of PdC or someplace close….and Wade…I don’t have any pink houses unless I did up my daughters Barbie houses

scenic tackle
    Bemidji, MN

Ok Ok for us new comers I will ask then….where the heck is PDC?

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

PdC = Prairie du Chien Wi.

60 miles south od LaCrosse Wi. right on the Mississippi River…

superdave
    NE IA

A word to all those that missed last years outing, GO THIS YEAR! Last year was an awesome time with awesome people, this year can only be better! If you want to get together with a fine bunch of individuals and learn a few things about ice fishing, it’s definitely the time to do it.
    Dave

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Quote:

It will be out of PdC or someplace close….and Wade…I don’t have any pink houses unless I did up my daughters Barbie houses

What a disappointment.

Well, maybe I can convince Ryan to put up with me for a trip to PDC and we can meet some of these fine folks. I sure wish someone would have a little pink house for me to stay in when I get there though…

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

I must be missing something

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Dave, do you guys have a tentative date on this?

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

As soon as the water gets hard……and safe !!!!

ProTiller
    Chisago Lakes Area

This is a foolish question, but how thick of ice do you guys get down there? Are you all fishing in the backwaters?

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Last year I was drilling thru 18 -24 ” of ice on the back waters…by hand !!! But the sloughs sometimes only have a couple of inches of ice…and you need to cross them to get to the back sloughs…

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Keep us posted Dave. I’m hoping it’s at a time I can get away for a couple days.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I’m in! Wouldn’t miss this one for anything!

gillsandspecks
    Hiawatha, Iowa

I’m going to make a special effort to make this outing. PDC is so close, just 2 hrs. away This yr with the water being so low, and the fish so congested, are we all going to fish the same area or area’s of our choice? Are we looking at late Dec, Jan, or Feb? Looking to make motel reservations. {John}

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

SATURDAY JANUARY 17TH…THE EXACT SPOT TO MEET AND THE EXACT TIME WILL BE DETREMINED LATER… With the waterlevels as they are right now we could be fishing in the Ambro Slough

We really need a foot to a foot and a half more water…it will be an interesting winter

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Not being familiar with the area, I assume a guy can fish this spot with an Iowa fishing license? Correct?

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Iowa and Wi. license will do just fine !!

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

any thoughts of having a ice get-together on one of the northern pools…..say in wabasha or something??

willowcat
    Lake City, MN

Something a little farther north sounds good. Like Wabasha,Winona,even the LaCressent area. Somewhere that a MN license is good.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

I’m quite sure if the fishing is good on Lawrence Lake we might be able to have the GTG there. As of right now we’ll just have to play it by ear. I’m sure there will be more than one GTG planned that will fit everybodies needs.

If the fishing in PdC is as good as it was last year, I’d drive 3 hrs to fish.

Dave knows his stuff well enough and won’t put us in an area where the fish won’t be.

The pressure is on Dave. We don’t even have any ice yet!

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I should hope so Big B !! Last year we missed you…I hope that won’t be the case this year…See ya on the 17th !!

herb
    6ft under

You better be there Big B, and if you think of it, bring that Big Fish Dude guy with you. He has a nice 4wheeler.
    If there’s enough ice, I’ll drag the ice boat up with me. Just depends on where we’ll be fishing.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I hope to see everyone from last year and more faces too. I sure had a GREAT time meeting new people and seeing some old friends…It’s a great GTG…We will group together and cook HOT food out on the ice…Catch up on the latest ice fishing gear and we might even get to see BFD act like Evil Kenivel on a 4 wheeler When the time gets closer I will need to solisit some of you to bring some things to make this flow smoothly !!

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

BFD & a 4-wheeler? Sounds more like Super Dave Osborne than Evel Knievel. At least we got there in one piece.

herb
    6ft under

Ec, just give the word.
    Another GTG on Lawrence Lake or even farther north would be nice too. Getting to enjoy my time spent on the upper pools so some ice fishing up there would be very nice. I’m talking about pools 7 thru 4. So many areas and so little time.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Okay, here comes the question from a guy who doesn’t fish these pools… Is the ice fishing on these pools much/any different from ice fishing lakes? Is there current to contend with? Thanks, Wade

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 136 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.