The changing of the seasons

• kevinneve
    Devils Lake ND area

Today is a bittersweet day for me.

I’m making the change over from waterfowl season to the icefishing season. I’m taking all of the hunting gear out the pick-up…. the 3 doz BigFoots, the 7 doz mallard silouhetttes, two dozen Magnum Canada shells, two Mojos, about half a case of shotgun shells, my gear bag, my heavy camo jacket, white camo,, the dead shoveler I forgot I had (You will never ever again see me admit in print that I shot a shoveler), decoy caddy, pop-up blind.

I’ll replace them with two Otters, 4 seats, a Jiffy, two 20# Propane heaters, a shovel (Why?…Dodges don’t get stuck), a gas can.

Inside I’ll put in 10 rods, tackle, three 5 gallon buckets, gloves, a small 1pound heater with extra tanks, three FL 18’s, a LMS 350, Big Dipper and a Golden Retriever. It really gets fun when I add 4 clients. Then the hitch hauler comes in handy.

Then comes spring and out with the icefishing gear and in goes the open water gear. Repeat.

j_d
    Warroad, MN

yes, myself as well am getting ready and very excited for the upcoming ice fishing season . but I am still heading out to the duck blind every chance I get before the hard water sets in. seeing lots of divers each morning. you guys are all done duck hunting over there in ND huh. well good luck to you in a new ice fishing year. JD

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.