Jiffy Pro Auger Question?

• thinkeyes
    Fairfax, IOWA

Hey everyone. I’m new to IDO but not to fishing. I just picked up one of the New Jiffy Pro STX augers and took it out for the first time yesterday. This has the new EZ connect system. It started fine. When I engage the throttle it makes a loud “clank” sound. Like it has slack and then catches. Once it’s engaged and your ripping ice it seems fine but every time you give it gas from a still position it makes a loud clank. Is this normal or should I be looking into it?

Thanx

walleye33
    Farmington,mn

When I first got mine I heard the same thing, I called Jiffy and they said that was normal. I have not had any problems with mine and it is two years old.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

Jiffy

What’s a Jiffy?

Just kidding with you! Welcome to IDO! Seems like no matter what question is asked (fishing related or not) someone has some experience and can answer the questions.

Again, Welcome!

mrwalleye
    MN

Its normal, the clutch springs and gears are super tight now, and will work themselves down to were they need to be.
    don’t worry it will go-away as you use it
    My new one does the same thing now. and my friends did the same thing last year and is quiet now.

Welcome to IDO and congratulations on a sweet auger

thinkeyes
    Fairfax, IOWA

Thanx everyone. When you spend $450 on something and you aren’t sure everything is okay……. It’s just good to know. And yes, that thing just tears the ice up.

Thinkeyes

guild66
    saint francis

how do you like the ez connect system. i am thinking about putting one on my model 30 so i can haul it eaiser in my wrangler

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.