Snow and Ice and Cold

• mnfish
    Lake Elmo MN

So I have still yet to get out on the ice. I was waiting for the ice to come…it’s come but wasn’t thick enough…then thick enough now the last snow made it slushy…then it got cold…too cold to fish..but I could drive out…so now we got this snow!! and now I can’t drive out even with a wheeler!! And walking is hard, too!! I really shouldn’t complain cuz we seriously need the moisture…just letting out my frustration. And I don’t have a truck or snow sled. I have an SUV (Chevy Equinox AWD..but just a little better than FWD) and a wheeler. Now I have to wait for any kind of a trail to be plowed. Or go to the smaller lakes and walk. I really am complaining too much. Or I’m getting older. …I know …call 1-800 WAAAH!!! Anyone else feel my frustration?

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Not very cold today. Grab a pail with a couple rods, a handful of tackle and your screw and head to the lake. Man, Metro and there isn’t one you can hop on?

mnfish
    Lake Elmo MN

No can do this weekend…shopping to get done and relatives to visit. I might get out this week after work sometime? Plus my stuff is at my fiance’s in Becker. That’s an hour from me.

fearnofish82
    Warroad/LOTW

sounds like you just need to get your priorities straight

mnfish
    Lake Elmo MN

I know…

mnfish
    Lake Elmo MN

I think I’ll be blowing snow anyway so it wouldn’t matter if I didn’t have to shop or had my stuff. Plus it’s my weekend to have my kids so I’m spending time with them, too. They do not like to ice fish. And too young to stay home by themselves.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.