Keeping holes open in Permanent

• bchunter

For all you guys that have permanent houses, how do you keep the holes open from one weekend to the next? Do you just re drill them each weekend, or do you move it each weekend? Anything that we can put in or over the hole to keep it from freezing shut again?

big_g
    Isle, MN

When I had my permenant shack out and I knew I was coming back the next weekend, I would leave the heat at about 35 degrees. I ran 100 lb. cylinders and I would guesstimate it took about 15-20 lbs to do this. Pretty spendy today, but back then, I could get a 100 lb’er filled for $22…

big G

ron_w_basser2
    North Central, MN

I’ve never found a really good way to keep mine from freezing. So I just re-drill down the same holes, well what is left of them.

cpetey
    Onalaska, Wi

My grandpa used to keep folgers cans full of rubbing alcohol (lid on) and wedge them in the holes. Worked really well.

deerwoody
    Deerwood,MN.

Small computer fans do wonders to move a little heat to the holes but you will have to have a litte heat source.

russjudy
    Minnesota

just keep redrilling – we did 30-40 every morning

johnie1610
    Eau Claire, WI

keep the heat on low works great never had a freeze up and the shack dont smell like a gas factory

wheres_waldo
    The Big Pond

What about those airbags? I know somebody who had them but don’t really know if they worked or not. Anyone else know about them?

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Quote:

What about those airbags? I know somebody who had them but don’t really know if they worked or not. Anyone else know about them?

I hear they work ok, but I also heard they aren’t the most fun to stick back down the hole.

Myself I redrill ’em, even with my lazer mag it works just fine.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.