Heads or Tails lure

• cafarms

Fished Western Wi this weekend and was pleasently surprised with the effectiveness I had with the HOT lures. My buddy and I caught our limit of nice crappies both days. We tried a number of other lures, but did not seem to have as much luck. They’re a good buy.

Great White
    Vinton, Iowa

What are these magic lures of which you speak?

–Whitey

superstinger

I used some last week also. Great lure! You can tip it any way you like. It is like fishing an ice jigging rap, but much more life like. I got mine at Gander Mountain. I see they have a website engineeringdynamicsllc.com. They have videos on the website showing you how to fish it. Cool stuff!

Richard V.
    Somewhere over the rainbow

Quote:

What are these magic lures of which you speak?

Here ya go Jason, it is a post from last week. POST from last week.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Something smells… fishy.

Before you buy into the hype you might want to take a look at the IP addresses of the guys talking up these lures. They might be great lures or they might not. I don’t know. But I do know there’s a new guy on the site pretending to be multiple people.

sipple31
    West-Central WI

lol

nice catch James.

rcn_brian
    Andover, MN

And to think, I bought another pack of these hooks. If they don’t work, at least they were inexpensive. I am going to use them this Thursday, so I will update all on how successful they were for me!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I would say “tails” in this case.

I wonder how a link sent the the makers of Heads or Tail would go over. Or is this THE owner?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Since Heads or Tails is listed out of Stillwater, MN (Fairlawn Drive) and the IP goes to:

IP Address : 66.41.83.5
    Latitude / Longitude : 45.0639 LATITUDE, -92.8217 LONGITUDE
    Connecting through : COMCAST CABLE COMMUNICATIONS HOLDINGS INC
    Time Zone : UTC -06:00
    Net Speed : COMP
    IDD Code : 1
    Area Code : 651
    Weather Station : USMN0715 – STILLWATER

I’m going to guess…nope, not going there.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Kind of like the jig…..split personality

Not very bright

mark_johnson
    St. Croix River

The story always ends the same….the ‘Charlie Wenzels’ of the internet always get caught and lose

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Quote:

The story always ends the same….the ‘Charlie Wenzels’ of the internet always get caught and lose

fishbizbob

Maybe the fact that he was starting a new thread everyday about the same item was a dead give away.
    Can’t get anything by the IDO security!!!!

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Yeah I can see it happening…

Bottom line is maybe they are hyping their own product, maybe not, who knows, but I will tell you.

The forums (atleast the ones here on IDO ) will pass judgement wither they catch fish or not, that’s one thing I like here in IDO, posts aren’t sensored, and products aren’t promoted just for the sake of making a buck, something I know atleast one other BIG site couldn’t claim truthfully…..

Let the forum member past judgement, our guys can sniff out the hype.

BTW James we “normal” users can’t see the IP adderesses

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

Quote:

The forums (atleast the ones here on IDO ) will pass judgement wither they catch fish or not, that’s one thing I like here in IDO, posts aren’t sensored, and products aren’t promoted just for the sake of making a buck, something I know atleast one other BIG site couldn’t claim truthfully

Thats something we take pride in here. Glad to see it doesn’t go unnoticed.

mamund1972
    La Crosse, WI

Holy Johny Utah batman

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

BTW James we “normal” users can’t see the IP adderesses

Yeah, I know. It wouldn’t be fair to show all IP addresses at all times as there is a very small chance that they could be misused. Suffice it to say I’m pretty good at keeping an eye on them though as I think it is only fair to let the members here know when someone is playing games.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

That move was a very good Checkmate James

superdave
    NE IA

Nice catch James, not much gets by you.

I don’t know anything about the heads or tails lures, but the similar ones by fiskas do work well for finnicky perch!

Craig Matter
    Hager City,Wi

I bought a couple packs to try this weekend will give a report after I try them out…..Whatsa

dylan_w.
    La Crosse, WI

This is getting a little fishy

kyle_seubert
    La Crosse, WI

Quote:

This is getting a little fishy

true dat homes

Ted Wedul
    holmen, wi

Quote:

Something smells… fishy.

Before you buy into the hype you might want to take a look at the IP addresses of the guys talking up these lures. They might be great lures or they might not. I don’t know. But I do know there’s a new guy on the site pretending to be multiple people.

You’re the man James…

rcn_brian
    Andover, MN

I was on the ice today and I tried the heads or tails jig. I didn’t have any success. I tried tipping it with only waxies and only minnows, then waxie and minnow, and finally jig tail with minnow head. Needless to say, nothing. I then switched to my white glowing diamond jig and caught many a fish with waxies – sunnies and crappies. I tried the red and the white HOT, but no success. Maybe a bad day for the lure, maybe just a bad lure…. I will update if the jig works in the future.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.