Tip-up Time

• Brent Yeakey
    Bloomer, WI

It is time for me to get a new set of tip-ups. I am having a hard time coughing up the money for Beaver Dams, I have been looking at the round Frabill tip-ups. What do you guys think and what is your favorite tip-up for walleye and northern.

re-tired
    wi

I paid 11.50 for my beaver dam tip ups. That was the price for the box and they came 2 to the box. Wish they were that cheap now. I see a high number of the orange round frabills so they must be doing the job.

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

I like the Frabill igloos. They do a nice job of keeping
    the hole open.

I also like the built in tackle boxes
    and the Arctic Fire light that connects to the flag.

crappiechaser
    Clear Lake WI

i got the beaver dam tip ups too and i love’em never had them freeze too the ice either i say spend the money and get a decent tip up , im not sure how the round ones do , do they freeze to the ice in extreme temps ?

Fever

Tip ups are no different than rods you get what you pay for. I have a couple Beaver dams and love them.

Derek Hanson

I do really well on the standard polar tip-up’s. I have bought the fancy ones and was not very impressed with them. I went back to polar and will stay there.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Quote:

Tip ups are no different than rods you get what you pay for. I have a couple Beaver dams and love them.

I agree, Beaver Dams are hard to beat.
    They can be set up for crappies even, the flag trips and the line runs out so smoothly making for a lot less drops.

Check it yourself in the store, trip the flag on a Beaver dam and then on any other tip up they might be selling, then make up your mind

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.