Naturevision Pak Shack?

• rcn_brian
    Andover, MN

I am looking at purchasing an ice fishing shelter. Budget and portability are important factors. I am looking at the 1 person Pak Shack by Naturevision and I am not able to find many reviews or information on it on the internet. Can anyone give me some info on it, or what in your opinion is a good portable 1 person shelter? Keep in mind, it would need to fit in my 2003 Impala. Thanks!

jakeh
    White Bear Twp

I would take a look at the Quick Fish 2 if I were in your situation. I like to have a little more room then the pakshack has.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

I checked these out in our local Gander store recently. To be honest, they are not a bad shack for the price. There is a lot of room, the fabric was decent, weight was minimal, and it packed up in a small package foreasy transporting.
    For $100, it would be perfect for quick trips, limited budgets, and ease of use.
    I ended up buying a used 1 man otherwise I was going to buy a Pac Shack

outdoors4life
    Stillwater, MN

I would skip the single and get the 3 person. I got my 3 person for $99 and used it 3 times now. In extreme cold it does get colder than other shacks I have been in but the seats are compfy. We even fished 3 people in it the other day out cat fishing and it was doable. The 3 person is so light and you end up with plenty of room for 2 guys cutting the wind with an easy setup and transport. It literally sets up in seconds all by yourself. It is a good option that you can use even if you only own a car and no pickup. I put all of my gear in my otter sled and bungie the pack shack on top.

rcn_brian
    Andover, MN

What brand/model are you speaking about?

mnfish
    Lake Elmo MN

Where were you cat fishing in an ice house?

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

I picked up a Clam 5600 on-line (used) from a guy rite here in Hudson for under a $150.00 and it is well worth it

outdoors4life
    Stillwater, MN

Quote:

What brand/model are you speaking about?

Pack Shack 3

A link to buy one

I got mine for a heck of a deal 99 bucks but I was going to pay up to 175.

outdoors4life
    Stillwater, MN

Quote:

Where were you cat fishing in an ice house?

Catfishing Video

The video was shot in a much larger shack but this was the same day.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

I have one in addition to my two person flip-over. I use the pak about 50% of the time, when I use a shelter….I’m not big on being inside to fish and prefer open ice. I fish alone alot and this unit is perfect for that purpose now that I have refined my thinking a little bit.

I use the pak more when I am making a quick trip, like less than a couple hours. Room inside can be an issue, so how well you can organize can determine how well you’ll like one. Here are a couple tips I live by using mine…

Only fish one hole:

Take along one of those “hot seat” foam bead seat pads made for deer hunting, to help get you a bit higher up in the chair…your legs will not have their circulation pinched off then:

Plan on a shorter rod:

Carry your tackle in a pocket sized box:

Bring either a candle or a small can of streno to heat the pak with. Trust me, this is sufficient heat for days with even blizzard-like conditions floating around. I set one of these right atop the marcum:

A lot can be said for the towable one-mans, but a lot of things can be said good about these too. I like to use the “weight ratio” thought process….The more it weighs, the more its going to cost. The more it weighs, the more work it is going to be for ME to pull it by hand if the snow is deep. I strap mine to a sled with the other goods and it travels well.

Do some snooping around with all of the options you find. If you settle on the Pak Shak as a starter, you’ll be ok with it.

beckzl32

i have the quick fish 3 the green one and it will fit in your trunk you can standup in it, fish with 3 people, it take about 1 and half minutes to put up and you have plenty of room for gear and only 129 brand new

trekr200
    Red Wing, MN

I found that the Pak Shack is meant for people under 300 pounds. One of the arms broke when I tried to get out of the seat.

It’s hard for me to talk about that ordeal. But, I don’t want the same thing to happen to somebody else

Trek

outdoors4life
    Stillwater, MN

CT,

Are you talking about the 1 or 3 person. With the 3 person space is not that much of an issue. It has much more room than I expected. That is why I would recommend the 3 person. I have used the 1 and the 3 and the 3 is a better deal for me.

Aaron

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

The one person. My other portable has a sled and offers a ton of room. I use that more when I can drive on the ice.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.