CJ & S Spring Bobbers?

• Big Lund 20
    Cedar Rapids, IA

Does any have any experience with CJ & S spring bobbers? I was thinking about giving them a try this year. I currently use Frabill spring bobbers and they are ok but not when fishing outside in frigid temps.

CJ&S Spring Bobbers

Big Lund 20
    Cedar Rapids, IA

Thanks Pete, not sure how I missed that one?

mrwalleye
    MN

The best one that I have ever found is one that I make myself with a ballpoint pen spring,
    just stretch it out strait and make a 1/2″ loop in the end and add a small bead,
    loop the wire through the bead to keep it in place and secure it to the rod with heat shrink tube,
    the large loop wont freeze up outside and the long wire is sensitive enough to use for small panfish jigs or make it shorter to use with small spoons

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

That sounds pretty easy to do mrwalleye. May have to give that a try.

Anyone find the CJS spring bobbers on the shelves at the store yet. I want to try these to.

herb
    6ft under

I ordered a few with my jig order today. They’ve been out for a while cause I see them in a catalog from 04/05.

Greyghost

These take a bit of tweeking. You wont be able to get shrink tube over most end guides so you will have to remove the end guide. Next you need to align everything straight hold it straight while you shrink the tube. You need it firm to stay in place so moving the spring for tension wont work if it is too tight. Not tight enough and the fiber optic spins around knotting your line. Lets not get into the tail left on the backside it seems to grab line at every chance. I finally stuck it out 3 inches and superglued it tight. You buy a pack and get 2 for 2 bucks so I do have an extra. If anyone knows a better way to put these on let me know. 1 good point is the loop at the business end is adjustable.

fritcher

If I were you I would just buy the St. Croix rod with the spring bobber in it. I know it is around $50.00, but you won’t regret it.

icejunkie

I have used these for a couple years so they can[‘t be all that new. I like them for the most part although icing can be an issue outside. But that can be said for all spring bobbers I think. I’ve never used a st.croix rod with the spring but they do look pretty sweet.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.