ICE 45 works

• HANDLINE 2
    Waterloo, Iowa

I used my ICE 45 for the 1st time yesterday on a public lake near Black Hawk Co. I was the 1st one on this lake and ice was from 1″-4″ thick. The 45 perfomed well, I like the big dial and not having to figure out which scale you’re on because it only displays the scale of which depth setting you’re using. Didn’t get to try the IR feature because no one else was around. RH

HANDLINE 2
    Waterloo, Iowa

I’m sorry my pics didn’t work. It’s my 1st time any suggestions?

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Hang tight. It has something to do with the site upgrade today. It should get fixed asap!

-J.

whiskeyandwater
    ????

Hand did you have to ditch the support cable or are you using it?

HANDLINE 2
    Waterloo, Iowa

247, It is kind of a pain, it caused the float to hang up a little so it didn’t quite slide up and down right. If I knew for sure the transducer wire would be ok to use without the support cable I would ditch it.

whiskeyandwater
    ????

Well Yesterday while IDO was down, and I was forced to check out other sites, I found a HB sales rep, that said the support is for patent only… However He couldn’t say “DON’T USE IT” But he made it pretty clear that IF a guy wanted to take it off, it probably wouldn’t hurt the unit, and actually may not be a bad Idea. I’ll see if I can find that thread again and shoot it to you in PM.

scottsteil
    Central MN

You don’t need to use the float or that support cable with the Humminbird units.

HoytShooter

Interesting. I read that post on that site too he stated that there was a misprint on the box that the target separation is not .5 inch it’s actually 2.5 inches. The other thing mentioned is that he suggested to use wide beam in 10 feet or less and the narrow in 10 feet or more. I was confused by that one how come that would be? If this is true than this bird doesn’t mark targets as well as the two proven flashers do.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

My apologies if you’ve already come across the info regarding the MarCum High Power Challenges but here’s a link to the dates. >>> web page

10 more days to the first event and the potential end to all the speculation and hearsay. I’ll be there to do what many others thinking about buying a flasher should consider doing as well… see it for myself, on the water, with my own eyes.

whiskeyandwater
    ????

I think my Marcum and I will be making the trip out there as well. I just have to see what this is all about. I don’t know why the keep catching my eye when I see them.

wade
    Cottage Grove, MN

Same boat here, something about them says hey, look here every time I am at Sportsmans or Gander….

HANDLINE 2
    Waterloo, Iowa

Thanks for your discussion on the cable and I’ve re-added the pics and hope they work this time. RH

Joby

linedrive,

That is correct there is a misprint. The target seperation is 2.5 and the target ID is .5. Two diffrent thing.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Nice batch of fish there!

-J.

deerdragger

What is the difference between “Target Separation” and “Target Identification”? Never heard of the second term before…

Greyghost

Ice 45 worked good all weekend I think it is easier than the vex 18 I have been using time to get rid of it.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Target identification is what lays at your feet after you reel it in , otherwise its seperate from target seperation.

scottsteil
    Central MN

I did some checking into the reason for the support cable on the Humminbird ICE units. Here is the response I got:

Humminbird’s transducer assembly contains both a support cable and a signal cable. The support cable hangs the transducer at the proper position in the water, and the signal cable connects the transducer to the control head. Because Techsonic Industries believes in respecting
    the intellectual property of others, we specifically designed our assembly such that it would not infringe a specific patent relating to suspending an ice fishing transducer by its signal cable. For that reason, the transducer should be utilized per the instructions in the
    owner’s manual at all times.

That answered any questions I had

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.