Sat. bite..

• sivee
    Hudson,Wi. Locked out/ Croix

I seen JJ’S post and knew i had to contact him since he lives right around the corner from me.

With in 30 minutes of replying to his post my phone was ringing and it was JJ and i knew i be on the ice soon.We talked and made a plan to get out on the LOCAL lake hes been driving by and not fishing.

We set out at 5 am. today and we got set up by 5:50am,not before a small problem first though.JJ was hooking the over head light up and it fell and i think the bulb broke inside.I told him thats not a problem, i’ll just jig and use my marcum, because he has a light on his head.I can wait till daylight to set bobber rig out when i can see it better.And i can use my taser light if i need it.

I drop my jign rap down the hole and jig it maybe five times and wham! I’m snagged up on a tree branch or log, broke my line decided to drop bobber rig in.

I think by that time JJ already iced A small walleye and was dropping another fathead down the hole.

I get my line in and watched the marcum light up,there’s fish down there. The bite bite was on,I think it was around 6:45am or so..Once again, JJ was reeling in another eye.His demon jig was doing its magic, i was doing ok with a moon glow tipped a fathead.We missed a lot of fish,and threw back 13-14 eyes. I kept two, a slab crappie and a fat perch thats gonna taste great for dinner tonight

The largest was 16 1/2″, by 8:30 the bite was done we packed up to let JJ get home and sleep since he stayed up all night .

Thanks again JJ,had a great first ice trip today

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.