• dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

Please share them with us!!

I need some motivation to fight the crowds
    tomorrow.

Thanks

raapala
    Eau Claire, WI

Strikemaster bibs and jackets for $75 a piece. It looked like they might be picked over. It was even fairly crowded today. A few other strikemaster accessories and some other okay deals on combos, jigs, etc in larger portion buys. I am sure there are some other things I missed because my 3-year old was dragging me around He had fun so it was great for that. We were looking for a few things we couldn’t find so a little disappointed.

ferny
    Stillwater, MN

I noticed a lot of prices were HIGHER than Sportsmans Warehouse. A couple bucks on small stuff up to $30 on big stuff. You really have to make the loop checking prices before you buy anything.

Strikemaster has $10 sweatshirts and $75 bibs and $75 jackets are selling like hot cakes. Arctic Armor was $319-$339. Ice Armor seemed outrageous. Vexilar suits looked like a good deal. You have to ask about show specials on a lot of things. As usual most of the big guys will come down 10% and will price match so ASK!!! You might have to find the right salesman but cash talks!!!

Cutco knives are there this year. I picked up one of there “cheese” knifes that are skeletonized as a gift. I already have their “Fisherman’s Solution” fillet knife and deer knife. They are all scary sharp!!! Check out the demo. Most are $50-$80, not cheap but lifetime warranty and they really stand by there product.

I found a import Leech Lake fillet knife knockoff for $15. Super flexible unknown steel but sharpened on both sides. I fell for it. What the heck.

I also picked up a Frabil long handled ice skimmer. Prices varied $5 on it too!

Found some Amsoil Sabre oil for the auger.

A new jig with a hook on front and back caught me too. You can run a minnow head on the front and plastic off the back! Local guy’s from Stillwater. A buck a piece. Looks interesting but no Lake of the Woods gold though!

There was a older gentleman there from Spicer selling/showing fishing and hunting related shadow boxes. Super cool displays that brought back a lot of memories. He will take your collection and make a cool display out of it.

It was packed from the time we got there after lunch until we left, Saturday will be worse!

No good deals on beer We did walk over to Eagle Street Grill after the show. Kind of surreal standing by a campfire drinking a beer in downtown St. Paul. While thousands of people walked by in the snow going to the Wild game and Ice Show! $2 two for 1 taps when the game is on best deal around and a great big club sandwich.

I almost forgot the “Bikini Ice Fishing Team” was there without their bikinis!!! I mean they had jeans on They are very attractive girls to say the least! I heard on KQ they have a calender this year. I’m sure it will look nice on any ice house wall

Have fun,

Ferny.

raapala
    Eau Claire, WI

I was wondering what the deal was with those girls. They definitely stood out!! They should have been walking around with the calendars, probably could have sold alot

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

They are all scary sharp!!!

Ferny, I don’t know anyone that hasn’t cut themselves with this knife yet. “Scary” might be an understatement!

Deano has the Leech Lake knives selling at 2 for $20.

More on the Sno Bunnie’s in a moment.

deerdragger

Joe’s is selling the new Hummingbird flashers 10% off, and they’re throwing in a new spare battery. That’s a good deal. I’m trying to convince the House Commander that I’ve been a good enough boy for Christmas to justify my purchasing the ICE-45.

Wish me luck.

troy_blackstad
    Hastings MN

Quote:

I was wondering what the deal was with those girls. They definitely stood out!! They should have been walking around with the calendars, probably could have sold alot

I bought 1. Then got a few pics with them.

fishinfool
    mn

not satisfied ,,,and hated the ask a salesperson for the show sale price. just post the damm price. arrrg…\

FF

beckzl32

strike master had auger extensions for 10 buck that was a steal and i got a h20 ram bracket and 2 nature vision rattle reels list total 98 bucks for 60 so there was great deals to be had

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.