Clam 6800

• bradl
    Mason City, IA

Does anyone know the set up time for a Clam 6800? Any other pros/cons information would be useful.

Thanks,
    Brad

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

From what I can tell from the Clam site it would only take a few minutes (3-5 at the most)to set-up.

Draw back would be.. the wieght @ a 100 Lbs plus all your gear ,I dont think I would want to pull by hand VERY FAR at all, But once you got there you would have all the room one would need to fish in outta the elements.

go-fish
    Mn.se metro

I have a 6800, have only had it on the ice 3-4 times.
    Set up time is quick & easy 5 min.
    but it is a little heavy pulling thru snow,pretty nice for 2 guys fishing,2 guys is almost a must,we also pull a sled for all the gear.I prefer my otter 2.(if fishing alone.)
    I was almost looking into fabricating some kind of an old pair of ski’s to set it on top to pull.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

I hauled mine on a home made aluminum sleigh. She pulled very nice but the sleigh always seemed to freeze to the ice.

Matt Hall
    Mount Horeb, WI

I made a sled out of old skis to pull my clam 1060,it helped a lot. Make sure you raise it up a good distance so you’re going over the snow rather than pushing through it.

Also… I’m looking to buy a 6800 if anyone has one they want to get rid of.

Thanks,

Matt

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.