Made pool nine milk run yesterday

• mountain man
    Coon Valley, WI.

My secret spot , then to Goose, chatted at shady maple then to Green, back to Goose. Lot more bites at green for Pans… only saw 1 crappie caught in 2 hours, but real nippy…certainly going the wrong direction from SUN MON Tues… less bites but more fish at my spot and goose. Tip -ups found a lot of small pike( one maybe 6#s) and unfortunately one 4.5lb bass that a guy took home to eat. I caught the jig fish on 1/64th ounces shiny mini tune jig with both waxies, and also tried powerbait maggot. Sunnies liked the live bait much much more than artificial. Didn’t have any deerfly balls. Going to try 2 or 3 different spots today… now that the sun is coming over the hill… will try to report tonight. keep warm

mountain man
    Coon Valley, WI.

Things slowed considerably today so I spent a lot of time in my secret spot,(my car), traveling from spot to spot. Stoddard was nothing… went poking around south end of Goose Island and found a lot of springs that you don’t know are there when the ice is a little thicker. Tried to move deeper and a little closer to current and the ice got bad quickly. Ended up back at middle of goose and worked real hard for a 6 pack of keepers. Tip ups went off but whatever it was was just mouthing the shiners and taking a few scales off with out moving them far… going to loosen the tensions on them tonight and see if a little less pressure makes them run and swallow ??? Anyone fish green lake today?

HANDLINE 2
    Waterloo, Iowa

I fished Green Thurs(12-5). About 30 guys there. For me it was slow and I think most everyone else. I thought the water was mirky for Green as I could only see my lure for about 18″ and it would disappear. I always sight fish there but Thurs never seen a fish down the hole. RH

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.