mille lacs ice

• icejunkie

Does anyone have a report on the ice conditions on mille lacs around garrison? Can a guy get out as far as garrison reef on foot or is it still too early? I’ve heard about the guys getting on on the south end but I’m not familiar with that area so I’m wondering about the west side. I’m looking for a place to fish this coming weekend but I don’t want to drive over unless I know we can get out. Thanks. DJ

Bob Carlson
    Mille Lacs Lake (eastside), Mn.

It’s early!! we have had strong winds in the area almost every day. And in a different direction almost every day!!! The forcast looks great for making ice!! Teens for daytime highs and single digits over night!!! It won’t be long………be safe and wait alittle longer

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Bobber,

I take it you guys aren’t driving on it then

I look forward to your reports, they always make me want to get my up there too play

puddlepounder
    Cove Bay Mille Lacs lake MN

there was a car driving on cove bay on saturday afternoon. yesterday there was open water from the south shore past spirit island. it looked to me to be about 3 to 4 miles of open water. saturday evening there was open water around garrison reef. i drove past on my way to the lonesome pine resturant on bay lake. if the wind would lay down, it would make some ice………….tom fellegy

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Quote:

there was a car driving on cove bay on saturday afternoon.

icejunkie

Thanks guys. Sounds like Garrison is out of the question. Anyone catching anything in the bays on the south end? Perch or pike?

DJ

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.