ice house froze to ice

• bradl
    Mason City, IA

Does anyone have a solution to ice houses freezing to the ice. I have an Ice Castle that freezes down when it sits for a few weeks. I know ice is going to freeze to a metal frame, but just wondering if anyone has an easy solution. Getting the itch to get back out.

Thanks,

Brad

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

A few blocks under the corners is usually all it takes

scottsteil
    Central MN

Like Matt said, check where your pressure points are. Usually it is all 4 corners and depending on the size of the house near the tires also. Just cut up six pieces of 2 x 4 about a foot long and put them under these spots as you set the house down and then bank it. It won’t freeze unless you leave it for the year or you have an ice melt tha allows water to come back up on top of the ice.

birddog
    Mn.

Quote:

A few blocks under the corners is usually all it takes

Yep, a few 2×4’s will do it…Please remove them when your done. To many leave slobs their blocking on the ice.

BIRDDOG

muskyfish

During the course of the season, our shack on the pond usually has to be blocked up more than once. Especially if you don’t move it for the entire season. Also depending on the amount of snow you get, the more snow on the ice the more the ice will sag. Just keep an old car jack at the shack they work great..

bradl
    Mason City, IA

Thanks a lot for the tips! I will try it out this year. Hopefully it will be in the near future.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.