anyone getting on ice on Pools 10 or 11???

• earnit

I was thinking of taking a drive today. Any word?

jighead-two
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

Anybody know how to drive to the spillway waters of pool 11? I see people bank fishing it in warm weather.

bosman
    DeSoto, WI

Should let Jeff answer as he lives there but I’ll take shot anyways – grew up fishing the spillway.

Take Hwy 133 North out of Cassville. Take a left on County VV. (Double v will take you past Nelson Dewey State Park.) Take a left on Closing Damn Road just before VV turns inland. Closing Damn will take you up to Schlikers (spelling?) landing – but just KEEP going North on Closing Damn Road. You’ll eventually see the old spillway and new. Road is a dead end.

jighead-two
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

Thanks Brett, maybe I can try checking it out before it gets all snowed in.

earnit

Those are good directions. Get on closing dam road, and keep going ’till you can’t go any further.

TAKE IT SLOW!!! It is pretty much single lane, and if a car is coming the other direction over a hill you’ll want time react.

good luck! Let us know how it goes.

Speaking of Jeff………I think he’s too busy deer hunting, and probably going for walleys in the boat tomorrow, if I heard that correct from a very close family member.

dorancehefte
    Wisconsin

I got on Big Pond today. There were three others there already. Pick your access carefully – I thought I was following a good set of tracks but water in the boots proved me wrong.

In about 30 minutes I got 3 large mouth and 1 crappie before everybody else started to leave so I left with them. The two that fished the lower end said they had 3 big bass and a crappie.

If it snows now, at least I know how to get on/off safely. There was about 3″ of ice near shore but fished over less than 2″.

dorancehefte
    Wisconsin

Got on at Bertom yesterday. About 5″ of good ice where we fished but the water level was coming up and made it wet around the shoreline. SB used waxies and must have caught over 100 gills and several bass. My Micks, Purists and Shrimpos managed a few bass, one crappie, and about 30 gills – only kept 9.

zach_bindert
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

I fish back there during open water. It looks like it could be good during the ice season how far of a drive would it be from Prarie beeing…I am from Iowa and I would have to cross there or at Dubuque.

earnit

Quote:

I fish back there during open water. It looks like it could be good during the ice season how far of a drive would it be from Prarie beeing…I am from Iowa and I would have to cross there or at Dubuque.

From PDC…..I’d say 45min give or take. Not 100% on that, just a guess

zach_bindert
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

I am hoping to get up to bussey on Sunday… I was out on a pond that doesn’t usually freeze all that well here in Cedar Falls. Part of the pond was open but the part that had ice had a good 3 to 4 inches. I think bussey will be good by this weekend.

zach_bindert
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

Thought I would see if anyone had been on bussey since its getting close to weekend. Looks like some people have been up to Prarie DuChein. I am probably gonna make a trip up there sunday if the ice is bad I will hit Cabelas a Win! Win!

dorancehefte
    Wisconsin

From Cedar Falls, thru Dubuque would make more sense. It’s about 30 miles from the Iowa/Wisconsin bridge to where you turn to Bertom.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.