Hummingbird flashers / X67C?

• deerdragger

The ol’ FL8 has marked it’s last fish. After 15 years, she’s just plain had it (it keeps making a squeeling feedback noise). Sad to see her go, but I’m excited about finally being able to justify purchasing a replacement.

I don’t want to get into the whole Vexilar vs. Marcum (Ford vs. Chevy) debate with this post. I’m just looking for some feedback from you guys.

My initial thoughts have been to purchase a Lowrance X67C. I have a buddy that has one and he loves it. Yeah, I know that they aren’t known to “play nice” with other units – but I’m usually fishing alone – and I rarely hit the community holes.

I was shocked to hear from the guy at one sporting goods store that Lowrance has discontinued the X67C. Some places still have some left, but they’re done making them. Wonder why?

In my search, I was introduced to the new Hummingbird flashers. Wow. Bigger display. Neat features. Simple operation. Multiple/adjustable transducer cone angle is standard…All very compelling.

But they’re new.

Anyone have some insights to them? I’m tempted to take a really hard look at purchasing one, but it’s hard to not go with a tried and true product (either the Vexilar or Marcum). Hmph.

deerdragger

After posting this, I dug around in here and discovered the multiple posts that were entered a month or so about this topic…So, having said that – there’s not need to re-hash what some of you have already expressed. If there’s new insights/opinions (and when have we ever been short on opinions?), please post a reply.

Thanks.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

They really are discontinuing the X67c?

lueye
    stillwater

Just remember that vex even though it was eons ago and Marcum were new on the scene at one time.Hummingbird has been around awhile.I havent seen one on ice yet but im sure they have been tested.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

If you can make it that long, go to one of the Marcum test drive events. You’ll get to try out all the manufactures.

deerdragger

When and where are these test drive events? Sounds interesting…

mnfish
    Lake Elmo MN

I just talked to my buddy at Fish-Lectronics in Fridley and he said he had not heard that they were discontinuing the X67? He has a bunch left? Lowrance was still selling them at electronics show?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.