Looking to purchas a new LP heater, any suggestion

• Pederm
    Oakdale, MN

Thanks to all of you that suggested the Dearhide bibs, I purchased a pair for myself.

Last year my sunflower heater started on fire at least 4 times and I have given up on them (note I didn’t have a regulator, just the small tanks). I think I’m going to buy the Little Buddy Heater. Any other suggestions would be great.

whiskeyandwater
    ????

My question would be
    1)what type of space are you fishing in
    2) how cold do you tend to get?

I fish out of an older Clam Jr. when I’m actually not hole hopping (maybe 10 times a year) and usually this happens when I can’t stand being home any more, and it’s subzero out. However the Coleman Catalytic heaters work just fine for me. In fact last January I was actually sweating and turned it off multiple times on one of the coldest days of the year, where the high was about -10.

I like them because they take up 0 room. for me thats a big plus I have enpugh other stuff with me that it can fit in the back pack, and I still can get everything else on the ice with me in 1 shot.

If you are not a fan of the cold, and 20 degrees seems to be heater worthy, and you have a little extra room to fit a little buddy heater I would say go for it. for me its just too much heat, and too much space.

mikehd
    Dousman, WI

I fish out of a Clam Pro shelter and use a Coleman SportCat heater for moderate temps and a Coleman ProCat for colder/windier days. Both have been very reliable for me.

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

You will like the buddy- It obviously won’t be as warm as the sunflower…but it is a great little heater!

I have a couple of every type of heater I think- the buddies hold up well, but not as well as the sunflowers.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.