It sure would be nice

• fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I have a rather large pond near my house and this morning it was iced all the way accross. It sure would be nice to have some early ice fishing this season. i know it is early and alot could change but I would be more than happy if we could be on the ice by early Dec. I think the last few years it was near X-mas befor I was able to get out. I remember many years back in the early 80’s when I was ice fishing by Thanksgiving. Lets all cross our fingers and hope this cold spell stays around for awhile. It sure would be cool to smack a deer with the old smokepole in the morning and get in a little ice fishing the same afternoon.

big_g
    Isle, MN

We were just discussing that the other day… it was hit or miss if we could skate on the lake on Thanksgiving… the pond across the road was always good by then…. this was back in the late 70’s and early 80’s. Must be the global warming….

big G

HoytShooter

A guy could ice fish last year on Thanksgiving….small water up north and I know a guy could fish the first weekend of December from Mora north cause I did that.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I know of at least one guy that ice fished in SD last weekend.

I personally won’t be found out on 1.5″ of new ice but there are guys that do it. You might have to do a little driving but it wouldn’t surprise me if there is walkable ice in MN the week after Thanksgiving… and then it is GAME ON!

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Rootski’s got one you can have.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.