Ice fishing pole holder

• fireflick
    Alma WI

Just wondered if anyone uses these. A local friend of mine just started making these. I have not used one yet but wondered if anyone else has. They look like a perfect set up.
    http://www.happysnapperpoleholder.com/

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Jarrad,

I believe I saw something similar to these in Scheels. I was wondering if they allow for too much “give” on the bite or is that okay?

fireflick
    Alma WI

What I think.. Is since the rod is center balanced fish would not feel the rod at all. I think it would be a great way to fish without them feeling it. No need for a bobber. I think it would be even better with a flag on it so that when you get a bite the flag would pop up. Then when you are letting it sit I think the rod wind would move it around.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Jarrad, That makes a lot of sense. Looks good to me. Thanks for the info.

Wade

Bob Schultz
    Wausau,Wi

Hi fireflick. We use this type of setup for crappies and they work wonderful. Ours are homemade and look a little different but the same principal. I fished with your dad last October the day he caught the trout below Alma. Was wondering if he is still guiding or if the bait shop occupies most of his time? Later. Bearplotts

fireflick
    Alma WI

Hey Bearplotts,

My father gets tied up quite a bit for guiding but always finds someone to watch the store while he on the river. Otherwise I usually do all the walleye trips. Dylan does all the bass trips. I remember that day you where with him. Lot of fish were caught that week.

Keep in touch.

fishinnut

How do these holders handle windy condition?

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

That was my first thought. It looks as though they are an outside rod holder.

HappySnapper

It handles great in windy conditions. The wind moves the pole around similiar to a jigging action. Throw some slush around the base of the pole holder – it will freeze in and guarantee not to go anywhere.

scottsteil
    Central MN

There is a product called Rock N Reel and it is the way to go if you are are looking for a rod holder. They have free standing units as well as ones that mount to your portable. The peg the rod balances on is adjustable the they are made out of a super heavy duty material. The best part is you can mount them on the “tub” portion of your portable and flip them down when you want to use them. I used them all of last year and I would say it was the best new product in 2002.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.