Crappie fishing adventure

• eisert

My girlfreind and I went up to her mom’s cabin on fri afternoon. I hadn’t been out on the ice for almost 2 weeks, so I was really excited to get out. As soon as we pulled in, I packed up to head out, and my girlfreind opted to stay back and turn up the heat and get the cabin going. Headed out to my favorite spot and started drilling holes. Fished for about 1/2 hour in one spot, marked fish but no bites. Moved 5 feet and started hammering crappies. 25 fow, fish suspended at 17 feet. Mostly 8-9 inchers, but ended up catching 10 11-12 inchers. Non stop action. Got back to the cabin only to find out Erin’s mom turned the heat down too far and all the drain pipes froze. Spent the next 2 hours mopping up sewer water that had backed up and overflowed into the bathroom, kitchen, and then started dripping through the finished basement ceiling. Yuck! Drove back home at 11:00 at night, got home at 3:00 am. Was really bummed. All that time on the road for 3 hours of fishing. Better than nothing I guess. Hoping to get back up next weekend. Staying at a motel though. Had enough mopping poo for a while.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.