Ok Guys…Lets see some of your pix from past ice

• Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Mykal,

that lake was soooo good to me…

It looks like she’s been good to you too !!!

nice pic !!!

Mykal
    Rogers, MN

Ecnook, thanks. That day we were catching loads of nice perch out on the humps when this fish hit.

webstj
    Mazeppa, MN

Hey woolybugger- Actually, We drove as far as was allowed, then hiked in about 3-4 miles just before dawn and stayed till dark. I wish we would have camped, it was so nice out. It took us a while to figure out the lake trout game… We fished in 80-110 fow, but dropped our spoons down 10-20 ft. The bait fish were holding at about 40 ft but the trout would not touch anything that far down. My first fish, a 7 lber figured it out for me. I was just dropping my spoon in the water and it was about 7 ft down when he came barreling up from about 40 ft. They smack it unlike any northern or walleye I have ever caught. Believe it or not we were only fishing about 30′ from the shore. I have heard that lake trout really like steep banks or cliffs because they use them as an ambush site. It kinda makes sense, because some would smack it real hard and be gone, then we would just let it sit there (dead) and they would come and bite it real light until hooked. Has anyone ever heard of this?

webstj
    Mazeppa, MN

Here’s another pic for ya. Notice how close we were to shore! 110 ft deep.

flick
    Alma WI

Heres Jeff Sedlmayr with some pool 4 after dark crappies….

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Can’t seem to find any fish in the pics, but this is sunset on our largest lake in Vilas County. Our quest was for walleyes, but we tangled with the Trout Lake strain of Lake Trout every time out. The trout ranged 25-28″ and maybe went to 7-8lbs. With a new digital this year, we’ll get some pics of those lakers. We even had two tagged fish.

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

I did catch some fish though while you guys were at it on the ice in April!!!

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.