Marcum VS Vexilar

• mf73
    Fountain City, WI

As i posted else where in this vast world wide web, here is my statment regarding the Marcum/Vexilar debate:

As you see on this forum there is a lot of discussion about what is better and what should one buy. Here is something that happened to me today. Bright day on Devils Lake and one guy had the Vexilar Fl 18 and another had the Marcum LX2. Fishing them side by side was a wonderful way to compare the two brands. One might suspect that running the high end Vex against the low end Marcum may not be fair , but lets just see. By the end of the day, both owners were amazed at how easy the marcum was to use and read. The Marcum had clear lines, defined the fish better and was easier to read in the bright sun. The thing is, there is going to be many vex users who swear by there product, and they should. The unit is great. But with out seeing them side by side i would have had to agree. AFter today, i am not so sure Vex is better. For all of you out there trying to decide which way to go, find a group on the water and look at both. You might be surprised that the Marcum’s 270 dollar model performed much better then the 400+ vex. If you watch many of the post on the forum, very few people switch from a Marcum to a vex, most switch from a vex to a marcum. That might be telling us something.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.