lake onalaska

• gwastlick
    Viola

Me and a couple of friends are headed up to try Lake O, just wondering if anyone has been doing any good out there. Haven’t fished it for a few years did ok, AND Have trucks been driving out?

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Hi Wazman,

Yes, there have been a ton of trucks driving out onto Lake Onalaska. I know that a few friends have been having good luck. I have been busy other places though.

Good Luck,

FDR

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

The ice is always crazy thick out there on the lake…But are there really fish out there?? Guess I learn something new everyday.

gwastlick
    Viola

I got the power auger ready, and I am glad I can still teach youngsters something. Looks like you have been hammerin the sauger nice job Brett C must have taught ya something over the past couple weeks also tomorrow looks like nice weather and I hope that I can find a few fish in the lake.

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

Go get ’em! I was just kidding about the lake, I know there are great fish in there, I just have never had much success the few times I’ve been out.

gwastlick
    Viola

It was a very nice day on the ice with many other people out there. caught tons of little gills perch and crappie. did manage to keep 4 nice crappies and 1 decent perch and a dozen gills that were large 7-8 in. large only because the other ones were fron 2-5″ so a 7-8 incher was a giant out there. enough for a mess.

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

Yep…It sure was a nice day
    I did about the same..kinda slow but ok.
    There was a BUNCH of people…
    Which bunch were you in wazman?…I fished the H.

gwastlick
    Viola

Mud,
    We were the group next to the red dodge tucked around the corner of the island, classic rock on the radio & grillin’ brats. It was fun yesterday, but two years ago when I fished the same spot we caught a lot more crappies, and they were pretty nice, also the gills were bigger. The lake does appear to get a serious amount of pressure.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.