Just got back from the Pond

• stevedobie
    Central, MN

We toughed it out and headed out Friday night. Finally got to Hunters about 8:00pm and made it to our spot by 9:00pm. Thanks to a Lake Master map in the dark it was a breeze. It was so cold I had the one of the two kids and wife wait in the truck while we set up the Lodge. Once all holes were drilled and the heat was on strong they came in. That night we had three Rattle Reels go off (at different times) however could not hook them, too finicky I think. Saturday we could see the Walleyes and a Big Northern on the Camera but no takers. Saturday had one run but she spit the hook, more than likely a Eelpout. Anyways Sunday morning the perch finally started in however we had to leave. I am sure tonight would have been better. I tell you it was coooooold and the heater worked overtime but it was still worth it. Lots of little perch I think the walleyes are feeding on now. I did learn that I need an Electric Auger so I can drill holes with the door closed. I think I will pick up a StrikeMaster Electra Lazer 12000 Power Ice Auger in the 8″. That should be a good enough one. I guess it’s never too cold to go fishing.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.