Re-Stocking from scratch……

• timmy

I now face the task of re-stocking a lifetime of ice fishing tackle. After a recent trip, while loading the truck, my ice tackle bag came up missing. It had ALL my winter tackle in it – including a pair of new combos…. . I hate to think of the $$ tied up into the several small boxes of jigs, spoons, etc….ouch. The only thing I can think of is that the nepwhew set it off to the side and forgot it there. He loaded the truck, I tied down machines……..lesson learned.

At least now I can streamline and only re-stock with proven killers.

Tim

Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

Ouch that stinks

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I feel your pain. The tacklebox was stolen last year from the backyard of my brothers cabin.

I don’t feel so bad about the tacklebox though. It was a soft box with a shoulder strap. It was cumbersome to haul. Now I use a backpack and it is a big help when carting around my tackle. Especially with all those 3, 4, 6 and even 8oz sinkers I have for catfish.

whiskeyandwater
    ????

Ugh that’s sickning! Sorry to hear about that. However at least you have a reason to re-stock with all the good stuff.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

I feel your pain in one swipe I lost my Clam sleeper, 6 poles, 3 tipups, a two sided box loaded with all the tackle I could ever need for ice fishing, auger, heater and tank, lantern, and evrything else in the shack . Rebuilding my ice supply with the help of my woman she got me a few things for christmas and now I am slowly but surely re-stocking. It sucks but has to be done. Anything that I buy now cannot replace what I have lost .

I HATE THIEVES,THEY ARE COWARDS AND NEED THIER FINGERS CHOPPED OFF I got an idea for thieves “Get a job with your broke a**”

Whiskerkev
    Madison

I would post and ad in the local paper where you think you lost it and maybe put up a sign and offer a reward. I think most ice fisherman are honest folks and you might get it back. We all know how easy it is to have something fall off or not get loaded.

1hawghunter
    Grand Rapids, MN

Tough brake Timmy. Hopefully someone finds it and turns it in. Where were you at during your last outing?

Jeff Bennett
    Lake Puckaway Wi.

Sorry to here about your loss and god bless.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Wow, I lost one of them bucket topper seat/storage containeds a couple weeks ago, up at Pelican, blew out of the box on my wheeler, when trailering down the road. I figured I lost about $45-$60 worth of line, jigs, slip bobbers & a tazer. I don’t fell so bad now, but feel worse for you…

big g

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Yup, scary thought, I was thinking just yesterday how much money is in my ice tackle box, I keep close tabs on it. Jigging raps and spoons add up really fast and I only have 4 small trays of tackle.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.