Upper Pool 9 success, THANKS REEL WEEDS

• wisconeye
    Vernon County Wisconsin

For the last three trips to the same spot, I’ve had limited success but struggled to get some of the better fish. Fish would move in for 10 minutes and then be gone for an hour.
    Last winter at the Madison Fishing Expo I bought 2 Reel Weeds strings and 1 camera string but had yet to use them. The area where I’ve been fishing has a lot of weeds around the perimeter but a pretty void middle. Fishing in the weeds was tough namely because they were so thick and the middle didn’t have enough. So I decided to dig out the Reel Weeds and give them a try. I set up one string on each side of my trap (outside) and one on my camera cable.
    It was the neatest thing I’ve ever seen. There were times when I couldn’t see my jig on my AquaVue for the fish- not all big, but lots of them. When a dogfish swam through the gills went right to my Reel Weeds instead of taking off for an hour. At one point a bass set up right in front of my camera and sat there for five minutes blocking the entire view!
    I came off the ice with a limit including the fish you see here which is an 11″ perch, 11″ Crappie and 9″ Gill. These were my biggest but the average gill was about 8″ inches so I was pretty happy.
    I simply could not believe the difference it made in keeping fish at my holes and increasing the sheer numbers. I’ve got good comparison days over the last week without them, and I am now a firm believer in Reel Weeds.
    My best bait was again a purple rat fink, followed closely by a gold glitter lil’ cecil.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.