Led lights

• big_g
    Isle, MN

How many 4 foot Led ropes lights do you think it would take in a X2 ? On sale at Gander for $14.99. I was thinking 2, what does everyone prefer. I am talking enough light to re tie and such.

big g

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

1 set in a Pro works pretty well. The X2 is bigger so I would go with 2. That may be overkill, but it is better to have too much than too little

nick
    Lakeville, MN

I have one in my pro, I think I should have two really, so I’d say minimum 2.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

I’d go with 2. I have one string in my Yukon and I still need to use my headlamp for line tying or unhooking fish. $14.99 huh? Might have to make a pitstop on my way home.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I’m not sure if even 2 will be enough to tie lines with or even hook a crappie minnow. Those lights just do not supply enough direct light for fine detail task. In addition, 2 4ft led rope lights will suck down a charge on a small battery rather quick. I bought one of the lights sold for mounting to a Vexilar and mounted it to the main overhead pole and wired in a on off switch. This light works great for task that call for a brighter direct light source. The flexibilty of it allows you to direct the light anywhere you need to. This is the set up that I have found works the best for me. One rope light for a soft overall light and the other one for detail task.

birddog
    Mn.

I have 2 of the 3′ in my Voyager. Lights it up fine for my liking. If I retie I just pull a string down so it hangs by my head. I don’t have my lights zip tied, velcro’d or attached “permanently” to the overhead poles, I just fish them between the poles/fabric overhead. That way they aren’t getting beat up while running and cold storage. I use a kiddie tackle box for storing them, holds the battery and both strings nicely.

BIRDDOG

big_g
    Isle, MN

Thanks guys Gonna start with 2, and go from there.

big g

rvrat
    st cloud,mn

Big g…before you buy em I just came from Scheels and im almost positive they were on sale for $9.99 for a 4 ft section…give em a call before you buy. Jay

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

I am not trying to hijack this post, but do most guys use the LED’s with AA batteries or do you plug it into a external power source? (Flasher/camera battery…)

How much run time do you get with the AA’s?

thanks,

FDR

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.