Pool 9 Bite- December 26

• wisconeye
    Vernon County Wisconsin

Finally got a chance to get out on the hard water and found a decent bite. Had to try out the new Fish Trap Pro (Thanks to a good hearted wife and two kids I had a good Christmas) . I put 12 keepers in the bucket after getting a late start at 2 p.m.- out of about 40 total.
    Found some 9 inch gills right on the bottom in about 4 fow and a couple 11 inch crappies happened by late in the day.
    The biggest problem today was when a school moved through they were a mixed bag with the nice gills very near the bottom and smaller ones about 1-2 feet off the bottom. After catching one decent one, you’d almost always get a small one on the drop–if you hit the bottom and raised a bit you got nice fish. They were definitely moving around a lot so it was 15 hot minutes and 15 slow minutes. Quite a few people around so hole hoping would have been tough but you could just watch the fish move by where the bite was at.
    Li’l Cecil in about any color or a glow rat fink seemed to work well–I lost my mini-merts in my favorite colors to my son and hadn’t got re-stocked but those probably would have been the real ticket.
    Good luck–I’ll be back at it tomorrow.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.