First time on ice for my girl!!!

• earnit

Well, I knew we wouldn’t be out there that long. I figured a half hour at best. It lasted a good hour!

Anna made her first ice fishing trip today with Daddy She’s 4, and years past, my wife never thought she was old enough. However, going into this year we both knew she’d be going!

We made it out there mid-afternoon. She sat there very quiet. Some people were around that I knew, so with me talking to them….she became shy.

I threw a waxie on for her, and set it so she’d be just off the bottom. She (and I) caught a few small gills! I didn’t have to help too much! Anyhow, after putting on new bait for her, and dropping it in for her, BAMMM, I set the hook and handed it to her………A very nice Crappie! SHE WAS SO EXCITED! It was a very nice fish! Bigger than any crappie I’ve caught yet this year

I left her to her self, and did some quick fishing myself. I got a very nice gill! Anna’s fishing slowed down, so she started humming “the fishy song” It worked as others around her and herself started catching a few. I kept asking her if we should get going, and she always said NO! Then she started saying, “just one more fish”. God, have I said that for 3+ hours before! She’s hooked!

All of a sudden Anna said, “daddy, I have to go poop very bad” So, I loaded our gear ASAP and headed for the nearest bar in town, and used their bathroom. Turned out the poop was a false alarm From there, we drove to Cabela’s and Daddy did some shopping!

I had a blast, and just wanted to share! Hope the pictures I attempt to include work.

ENJOY! THE LOOK ON ANNA’S FACE W/ THAT CRAPPIE SAYS IT ALL! ALSO CHECK OUT THE GILL SHE’S GOT ON THE END OF THAT STICK!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.